Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first quarter with the Kruzer also just happened to be silver. I've been hunting these small patches of grass where the snow has melted, usually under trees. It's nice because it makes me concentrate on the whole exposed area and not go wandering around missing ground.

20180323_092228[1].jpg
20180322_191343[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20180322_175951[1].jpg
    20180322_175951[1].jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL great job! Now stay inside your box and don't come out until the snow melts.:laughing7:

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver find!

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find
Thanks for sharing

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the shiny! The Kruzer seems to be a nice machine.

OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Kruzer takes some getting used to. With the Racer 2 I used 2 tone almost exclusively even though it was a bit chatty and hardly ever touched 3 tone. With the Kruzer I'll put it in 5 or 14 khz and use it in 3 tone and hardly ever put it to 2 tone unless I need a confirmation of the sound I'm hearing. 3 tone with 89 gain runs super quiet too I may use 2 or 4 tone in a pasture like area where there's not much junk. Also deep mode is way more reliable on this Kruzer than on the Racer 2, and the Kruzer seems lighter. Maybe the carbon fiber lower shaft that comes standard accounts for some of that.

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Kruzer takes some getting used to. With the Racer 2 I used 2 tone almost exclusively even though it was a bit chatty and hardly ever touched 3 tone. With the Kruzer I'll put it in 5 or 14 khz and use it in 3 tone and hardly ever put it to 2 tone unless I need a confirmation of the sound I'm hearing. 3 tone with 89 gain runs super quiet too I may use 2 or 4 tone in a pasture like area where there's not much junk. Also deep mode is way more reliable on this Kruzer than on the Racer 2, and the Kruzer seems lighter. Maybe the carbon fiber lower shaft that comes standard accounts for some of that.

How do you find the depth meter and VDI? Are they accurate? Bouncy signals?

OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well the Depth meter used to bounce around a lot until i updated it with the first firmware release. Now it's way more stable. Still, I don't look at it much anyway. That firmware update also cut down on the chatter in all modes too. the VDI seems to be more bouncy then the Racer 2 however I'm concentrating more on listening to the targets rather than seeing them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions