First silver with the new Etrac!

ducktrapper

Nov 24, 2009
NW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 with 10" coil, Garrett Pro-pointer.
I hunted an empty lot owned by the Village this weekend. There was a high school there until about 1960, but there has been activity there since the 1880s. It has been "hunted to death" by myself and several others for the last couple years. Barbers and Indians have been found here. Last year my total take with the Bounty Hunter was 3 wheats and some clad, and that was going super slow and digging everything.

Yesterday I hit it for the first time with my new Etrac. Within 5 minutes I had a war nickel! Later came two, deep wheats, then had to quit due to battery dying! Today's hunt was even better. Five wheats and (finally) an elusive silver dime (1941D Merc). It wasn't deep, but there was a nail in the hole. The Etrac was giving me two distinct signals depending on the direction of the swing, and the dime signal was repeatable so I dug. To show how thoroughly this lot has been cleaned, I only dug two coins this weekend that were not silver or a wheat (both memorial pennies). If I find a repeatable signal here, it is usually something good. Oldest wheat was a 1912 that I scratched with my digging tool. Total thus far from this "hunted out" lot is 7 wheats, a war nickel and a Merc.

Today I used the headphones to get an idea of how often my Etrac was actually nulling out due to iron. There are sections of the lawn where it is nulled out more than it is active! In general, the whole thing is junky. So I figure 50% of it has not been truly hunted! Will setup TTF this week and go for it!

Attachments

• DSC01831.JPG
    DSC01831.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 242
Upvote 0

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
Awesome job, congrats on your first etrac silver :icon_thumleft: I knew it was only a matter of time, and trust me, it's all downhill from here! Good luck and keep em coming :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread