First Silver

PrairieDogs

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV 8 inch Coil, Fisher F2 11 inch DD Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. I am new to the website. I have been metal detecting with my son for 3 years now and have found a lot of clad and a few gold and silver rings, but no silver coins. Until now. I recently bought a Fisher F2 to help getting at deeper targets but have been having a bear of a time learning it. So off to my parents way up north we go for a few days vacation. I had been dreaming of going to all the old places up there. We did terrible! Even just messing around at the tot lots. So I decide to hit my parent's yard (house built in the late 80's) out of boredom one night. I get a dime signal on my detector. So I start poking with my screwdriver expecting modern money. Of course I was having trouble popping it so I dug in there with my fingers and found it. And yes I scraped it, but hey, it's our first silver coin. The date is 1926. I know the pics are bad. photo(1).JPGphoto.JPG

Upvote 1
Congrats on your first Silver and time spent with your Son.
Happy Hunting
Kevin

Thanks Kevin. We always have lots of fun together.

lol that's awesome I take my son out with me too ... he has his jr bounty hunter. He seems to get bored really easily tho ... Nice find I'm waiting for my first silver coin.

My son uses the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV now that I have my Fisher. He gets bored fast too. He likes to use the pro pointer so that keeps him happy.

I dont know about the whole screwdriver thing. HH!

Believe me, I didn't expect to find anything like that in my parent's yard. I was just more less trying to learn the new detector some more. My mom said they had dirt brought in when they planted seed for the yard and my dad said he didn't think they brought dirt back to that part of the yard. I did also find a wheaty around that same spot. After that, I started digging plugs, but only found a few clad coins. lol. The house was built in the late 1980's.

Last edited:
Nothing like finding your first silver. Its a rush you wont forget. Congrats...

Great find. Just because a house is modern you never know what may have been there or even where the fill dirt came from.

mariposagold, I scraped it while probing the ground with my screwdriver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back