First silver!

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unfortunatly a lawn mower got to it first at some point, but I am still stoked.
I also found another wheaty that makes 5 now another zink and the remains of a crack up hotwheel.
DSC_0214_zpse87ab034.jpg
DSC_0215_zps40a2c182.jpg

Oh and a big chunk of melted lead.

Upvote 11

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first silver. Even if it's bent it's still silver! :thumbsup:

wpsgta1000

Jul 17, 2013
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver. Keep at it. Go slow and low and always dig those iffy targets.

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Minelab Explorer SE (with Coiltek WOT spider, Coiltek Joe, SEF 10x12 )/Bounty Hunter Land Star.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrets!!!
Hope in near future you'll open a thread about gold coins found you!!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on your first silver. Take good pics and log all your hunts in a journal. It's fun to be able to go back and look at what was found where. Then if you ever make a display your able to label everything. You can also see date ranges of sites and know which have been the most productive. Hope you find many more

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
A bent silver is still silver, and, means you're on the right track for finding correctly "aged" locations.

Congrats on your find!

OP
OP
greaser

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys
I have been using the minelab app which seems like a good set up for keeping track of finds.
I am hoping it is the first of many I just need the frost to hold out a few more weeks so I can get out more this year.

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Greaser. As they say on American Pickers: You broke the ice! That's the first of many more to follow. HH

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to push any other thoughts out of your head that aren't about metal detecting, your infected!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys I have been using the minelab app which seems like a good set up for keeping track of finds. I am hoping it is the first of many I just need the frost to hold out a few more weeks so I can get out more this year.
I have an online record also but I will tell you that for me there's a certain satisfaction after a long day of detecting of putting pen to paper in a nice looking journal. I have quite a little library of maps and reference books and my journal is nestled in there too. There's something about real books and journals that I really enjoy. Guess I'm a bit old school in that way. Some of the old maps are really beautiful

OP
OP
greaser

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an online record also but I will tell you that for me there's a certain satisfaction after a long day of detecting of putting pen to paper in a nice looking journal. I have quite a little library of maps and reference books and my journal is nestled in there too. There's something about real books and journals that I really enjoy. Guess I'm a bit old school in that way. Some of the old maps are really beautiful

No that's totally understandable, as a mater of fact I have a journal I took to Afghanistan and didn't have any time to write in that would be great for just that. I think i will do both.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No that's totally understandable, as a mater of fact I have a journal I took to Afghanistan and didn't have any time to write in that would be great for just that. I think i will do both.
I think you'll enjoy it. And a hearty thank you for serving my friend. Much respect

ArmyJoe

Apr 30, 2014
S. Korea
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that first silver! Keep it handy to re tune your ear to the tone before going out again!

leviathanrick

Mar 31, 2013
Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver. Save that lead and all you copper and brass. Scrap brings a nice chunk of change these days. I toss mine in a bucket. When I get enough I take it to a scrap yard. My total to date is $76

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The firsts are always sweetest!

Many happy returns of the day!

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first silver, many more to come

OP
OP
greaser

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, and no problem ahab8 but thanks I appreciate it.

ScaredOfClowns

Apr 21, 2012
Bucks County, PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett ProPointer, Garrett ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big congrats on your first silver - everyone in the hobby knows that's an awesome moment. No doubt it's the first of many - HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread