First Silver

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
Got out to the beach today and found a nice 925 silver charm. My wife found the exact same one on the web for $12.00. The stones are CZ. I know its not much but it is my best find to date. It was the first signal I dug in the water and as usual the rest of the day was all junk. A bad day detecting is better than a good day at work. HH. Oh yeah the steel rod is a tooth off of the sand rake the beach uses. Second one I have found.

CHRIS

Attachments

• 3-13-05.jpg
    3-13-05.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 272
  • sandal.JPG
    sandal.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 270
Upvote 0

Keith IL

Jan 8, 2004
Nice find Chris, that CZ20 will find alot of things for you at the beach just keep digging :)

M

minelabex1000

I'd run that sand rake for free if I could have everything it brought up ::)

OP
OP
buckmild1

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
I always wonder what they get after raking. Today they had a machine that I have not seen before. It was a truck and it looked like a parking lot vacuum. They also had the two sand rakes on tractors going . There was a big volley ball tournament going on this weekend so I think they brought in the big guns. There must have been twelve dry sand THers going today. I was the only one in the wet sand. The weather is getting warmer and the crowds are getting bigger. Its gonna be a good summer. HH. Oh yeah Keith the Fisher is all I expected it to be and more. I will return it next winter to fisher and have them put a 10" coil in place of the 8". Unless I find a treasure to cover the cost of a second machine. That and a viable reason to satisfy the wife/money stretcher.

CHRIS.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
ahh ha! a flip-flop! better than a pop-top! ha! great find buck, I can't wait till I can get out to the beach again! I'm going down to Bradenton Tuesday, get with me if you can come! Congrats on a great find! 8)

D

Darod

Nice finds.

THat little charm will make a nice gift for a daughter or granddaughter.
Glad to see your enjoying the beach :)

I need to get to the beach in my parts here some day,...never can find the time :-\

Great finds, thanks for sharing.

Rod

M

minelabex1000

buckmild1 said:
I always wonder what they get after raking.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?CHRIS.

I've wondered that for years. I think I saw the first sand cleaning rig about 30 years ago. It cleaned up everything for a good depth. I'll bet those early operators made a killing!

Remember back in the 80's when guys were building those one-man sand drags? They would drag them along the beach and the sand would filter through. I never owned one myself so I don't know if they were any good.

R

rvbvetter

? ? Not much? It looks like much to me! If thats amber you might want to have it looked at. Real amber can sometimes bring big dollars. Very, very nice find! WTG!!?

OP
OP
buckmild1

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread