First Ski Trip 07-08

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
First Ski Trip '07-'08

Bogus Basin finally opened a few days ago. It's been a long time coming with the late opening this year, and Zach and I got to ski Sunday. It was pretty crowded, but we had a great time. It snowed most of the day, but not enough to really hurt visibility.

Here's Zach in front of the Alpine sign:

firsttrip07-4.jpg

Zach is only four, but he has skiied a bunch since he was 2 1/2. That being said, it took a few minutes before he got the hang of it again. After that, it was smooth sailing. Here he is going nice and easy:

firsttrip07-2.jpg

Ok, make sure to keep those arms out for balance!!!

firsttrip07-3.jpg

It was a great day on the slopes. I am really stoked that the snow finally decided to make an appearance....

Anyone else here ski? Lets see those pictures.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: First Ski Trip '07-'08

Great pictures :)

I haven't skied since the late 70s... maybe early 80s - and I sucked at it then.

Zach looks like he's having fun...

OP
OP
zlathim

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Montana Jim said:
Great pictures :)

I haven't skied since the late 70s... maybe early 80s - and I sucked at it then.

Zach looks like he's having fun...

Thanks Jim. We live for ski season, so it was tough watching everyone around the country get snow while we stayed dry. We're at it now though and we will hit the slopes about twice a week until the snow is gone.

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 probe

I searched keyword "flying tomato" and lo and behold the next great "planker" came up! Congrats man! Hope you two have a great season! :P

OP
OP
zlathim

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

theloadroom- Fancy seeing you here. How long has it been compadre? You should come around more often. Wanna go skiing?

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used

zlathim said:
theloadroom- Fancy seeing you here. How long has it been compadre? You should come around more often. Wanna go skiing?

Been awhile eh? Would love to go with you two, but... alot of my $ is going to extensive remodeling so maybe next year, take care. :-*

OP
OP
zlathim

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

theloadroom said:
zlathim said:

Been awhile eh? Would love to go with you two, but... alot of my $ is going to extensive remodeling so maybe next year, take care. :-*

You can afford it. Stop and buy some gas at a participating Chevron station on your way up to night skiing (after 4pm) and they will give you a voucher for $10 lift ticket and $10 rentals each person up to 4 people. $20 apiece to ski isn't bad.

P.S., I updated the keywords to reflect your last post.

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used

zlathim said:
theloadroom said:
zlathim said:

You can afford it. Stop and buy some gas at a participating Chevron station on your way up to night skiing (after 4pm) and they will give you a voucher for $10 lift ticket and $10 rentals each person up to 4 people. $20 apiece to ski isn't bad.

cheapskate poser? :'(

OP
OP
zlathim

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

theloadroom said:
zlathim said:
theloadroom said:
zlathim said:

You know I love ya man, I was just kidding.

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used

zlathim said:
theloadroom said:
zlathim said:
theloadroom said:
zlathim said:

You know I love ya man, I was just kidding.

:-X

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread