First teller tray find

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first silver found in a tellers tray. It was mixed in with like 8-9 other half dollars, but the dirty rim stuck out. So I asked for it and when the teller held it up I saw 1964, and i told her I'll buy it and a box of dimes as well. Sorry no pictures till i get home..
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
noted, just realized some could have been NIFC, or proof...

True, but thats really not one of the main reasons you should get them all. First off, tellers for the most part HATE half dollars. They consider them a nuisance. If you regularly relieve them of that nuisance, the hope is that they begin to save them for you as well as other goodies that come through. Besides, if they are kind enough to sell you rolls/boxes, you owe them at least that much...even if you know all the halves are clad, you take them all anyway. Always. Lastly, when you buy just one coin out of a group, you educate an unknowing teller on which coins are valuable. You just potentially turned a good teller for your hobby into a cherry-picking teller.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
True, but thats really not one of the main reasons you should get them all. First off, tellers for the most part HATE half dollars. They consider them a nuisance. If you regularly relieve them of that nuisance, the hope is that they begin to save them for you as well as other goodies that come through. Besides, if they are kind enough to sell you rolls/boxes, you owe them at least that much...even if you know all the halves are clad, you take them all anyway. Always. Lastly, when you buy just one coin out of a group, you educate an unknowing teller on which coins are valuable. You just potentially turned a good teller for your hobby into a cherry-picking teller.

I wish tellers for the most part do hate half dollars, because I've asked 2 banks that have halves and they didnt sell them to me. On the fact that I dont have a account, these are local banks none of which any of you heard of, and i put money on that. Any how in my defense, i made a small pocket change drop at the penny arcade. It would have been bad to turn in change to get change. I cherry picked because my ticket was 4.87$ and the half dollar made cashing the ticket easier...

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanna know how those dimes go. Are they Loomis? Last two I had were skunks :/

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish tellers for the most part do hate half dollars, because I've asked 2 banks that have halves and they didnt sell them to me. On the fact that I dont have a account, these are local banks none of which any of you heard of, and i put money on that. Any how in my defense, i made a small pocket change drop at the penny arcade. It would have been bad to turn in change to get change. I cherry picked because my ticket was 4.87$ and the half dollar made cashing the ticket easier...

You're absolutely correct. I have no clue what I'm talking about. Do it your way.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wanna know how those dimes go. Are they Loomis? Last two I had were skunks :/

I picked up from TD bank, and it is a box from Garda. Im about to break open it right now.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're absolutely correct. I have no clue what I'm talking about. Do it your way.

No, you are correct too, Its just that we live in different parts of the country with different people working at banks.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, you are correct too, Its just that we live in different parts of the country with different people working at banks.

Yes, but people are people no matter where you are.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread