First test run, using my new Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker + Results

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So decided to head out to my claim today before the kids woke up, Setup my new Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker and did my first test run with it...

Plus finally got my gas water pump to work and went out today and ran 8-10 buckets of dirt, Got some nice color as the Raptor ate it up in about 10 mins or so...

Results:

20141127_160913.jpg

All and all not bad for about 10-15mins of running.... Very Very happy with the Raptor, plus these Hog mats are the best out there IMO!

All and All good day....

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Raptor Highbanker, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher F70, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Gold Cube, Gold Vac Pac, Pans & Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah it is about 10 feet up on exposed bedrock, gas pump is running it well... if I run it in the river it kinda is a pain in the butt as some areas the water is deep as 6 feet deep so other areas that is only a foot deep are ok to run in stream, but I run it right by the dirt source so I can put a catch pan at the bottom to make sure I am not loosing anything :)

Yeah massive rocks everywhere, I am still learning where to look, but I did find one good spot that keeps giving so few more days out it should be cleaned out and will have to look for other spots....

Also, have you ran it at stream level? I noticed in your video that it looks like it is about 10 feet higher than the water level, and it may reduce the head pressure on the pump (Speculating, I have no gas pump or a sweet cherry highbanker like that either hehe).
Nice job, looks like a really cool area with some sweet big rocks.
Gold sweet gold!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hike Much. Experience More

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup will be back out there soon as this rain slows down!

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jvan guess it's safe to say your hooked on crack! Haha nice looking gold, keep up the crack cleaning.

OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jvan guess it's safe to say your hooked on crack! Haha nice looking gold, keep up the crack cleaning.
That was a good one, and Yes I am Hooked to the CRACK! it keeps paying!

OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This morning for a few hours diggin on my claim, not to bad.. Getting better and better each dig....

12714diggin.png

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez I never would have guessed the cobble pays more than your crack problem! Looking great, keep it up. Really nice looking gold! Makes me wanna get out, oh wait everything is frozen.....

OP
OP
jvan

jvan

Sep 30, 2014
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ill have to take some pics of the area so you get an idea, the cobble is up under big boulders about 15 from river, about same level as the river, but just try washed up cobble... cracks seam to pay best within the first 15-20 inches then gets less and less....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread