First Texas best

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have just a little experience with Teks, but lots with the Fisher's. The CZ line up, CZ6a and CZ20 I've used in lots or salt and black sand beaches and they are quite deep. The important thing is the ground balance which must be adjusted frequenly for best depth. I've found the best for these beaches is the Sov GT, but it is like a Excal for the land. The sound can be a simple beep though.

OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey thanks.

So far, my old cz70 has been whipping all the ML's I run into on wet/dry salt beaches, and all the many Whites too, all by about an inch, even ML PI's don't do much better. Not sure why though. Inland though, the old Tejon showed me the deepest on coins, as long as the soil was mild, but in the bad stuff the old Compass still beats the new Whites and etrac, and the F75 too. I was hoping that I might find something newer and more powerful, but those are all lost dreams and wishes, I guess

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
The best very best non pulse FT salt machines are the dual frequency cz machines. Come on LuckyLarry, a frikin caveman would know that. :laughing9:

OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, you are right Gleaner, I must have needed some sleep. Maybe I was just in a nightmare or something and then suddenly woke up?

LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread