First time at old cellar holes

Buck(PA)

Jul 15, 2009
Eldred, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm IV, Whites Classic ID
Well I found two old cellar holes awhile ago hunting up behind my house.... today I figured I would grab my detector and give it a whirl. I have visited this site before a few times and have found some neat things just laying on the ground such as old bottles, an old porcelain doll hand, and an old lock. I was only able to hunt there for about an hour before the thunder rolled in and I had to run for cover!!! Anyways here are the finds.... a nice little buckle, some kind of knob? and a two other little things which I have no clue what they are..... I'm hoping that I can find my first old copper here at this site!!!! Thanks for looking HH!!!!

Cellar Holes:
2zir3ab.jpg

21lsys3.jpg

Some Pottery And Other Things Found Around The Cellar Holes:
4l357o.jpg

se3adt.jpg

Group Finds:
2r4314x.jpg

Buckle Front:
20gy45u.jpg

Back:
28vy5pc.jpg

HH ;D

Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post. Congrats on the relics. :icon_thumleft:
The one piece (bottom of fifth picture) looks like part of a lantern where the wick fed through.
The knob thing I believe is off a horse hame. Montana Jim ID's one I found about a month ago.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,253966.msg1818190.html#msg1818190
-MM-

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Great post. Congrats on the relics. :icon_thumleft:
The one piece (bottom of fifth picture) looks like part of a lantern where the wick fed through.
The knob thing I believe is off a horse hame. Montana Jim ID's one I found about a month ago.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,253966.msg1818190.html#msg1818190
-MM-
yup great id's! i have one of the horse hames myself.the buckle looks more towards the victorian era.i have found alot similiar to that.
nice finds and keep pounding that site.large cents lock in at quarter signals.some state coppers read penny/dime.keep us posted on your success!
dave

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Definetley keep hunting that place....It might take a little time but It will pan out in the long run.Nice save's :thumbsup:

RelicRick

Aug 29, 2006
Jockey Hollow
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Buck...nice finds. Can we get a better photo of the item on the right? I might have a clue as to what it is but I need a better picture...thanks!

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep pounding that site. Any big trees or formations for a possible cache? :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread