first time buyer of high end machine!!!

Mp4freedom

Sep 4, 2012
mason, oh
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, minelab explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a brand new minelab explorer se pro tonight and hopping it gets here by the weekend I am upgrading from a bounty hunter sharp shooter 2 that i bought last year I like metal detecting but the bh was cheap and give no information at all it just beeps if somethings in the ground and the tone dont even matter cause there right on a wim i dug everything and took notes literally and basiclly after playing with setting and digging everything i relised i would never know what i was digging ever! I was having a hard time deciding between detectors i wanted a high end machine and i debated at pro and minelab se pro the arnt really comparable according to all the revies i read and then i started second guessing my self and now i hope i diden't make a 1000 dollor mistake so mine lab it is let me know what your relly think also tips and pointers would be nice since it is a different anamal to what i was useing

Upvote 0

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't ever recall anyone complaining about the SE Pro, but there is going to be one heck of a learning curve for you.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Andy Sabischs' book THE MINELAB Explorer & E-Trac Handbook will shorten the learning curve. Its a great machine. I am thinking of upgrading to either the E-Trac or the SE Pro.

Roy

OP
OP
M

Mp4freedom

Sep 4, 2012
mason, oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup I expected the learning curve and I am going to buy the book to I couldent find it on kellco last night when I ordered the detector buy the way anyone use a rain
and does cover so it dissent get wet in rain and do that work

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andy Sabischs' book THE MINELAB Explorer & E-Trac Handbook will shorten the learning curve. Its a great machine. I am thinking of upgrading to either the E-Trac or the SE Pro.

Roy

Would this book be worth readin for the safaris?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup I expected the learning curve and I am going to buy the book to I couldent find it on kellco last night when I ordered the detector buy the way anyone use a rain
Once you get used to what the detector is telling you, you'll love that machine. It will give you so much more info and is so much more stable than your BH that you'll wonder why you waited so long to upgrade. I'd get the rain cover too. They're pretty cheap and good insurance. Helps save wear and tear on the display screen too. The only drawback is they sometimes have a glare on them in bright sunshine.

OP
OP
M

Mp4freedom

Sep 4, 2012
mason, oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its on the way should have it buy tommarow if not tonight ive been tracking it kellco is pritty quick at shiping itams out i am getting the book and the the rain cover does anyone use a sniber coil on these in tight spaces cellers ditches stuff like that are they worth it if so what type i went ahead and down loaded the manual from the minelab web site and started reading it i am ready to take it out when it gets here Just cant wait

OP
OP
M

Mp4freedom

Sep 4, 2012
mason, oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buy the way if anyone is interesed ive been watching for a good deal on a brand new detector and i wanted a mine lab because the dd coil multi frequincy but i dident care to hook it up to a computer and all that stuff so right now kellyco is got them marked down to 1095 dollors u get a 100 gift certificate and qualifiey for bogo but i wasent interested in anything the bogo offerd did look at at the trident dive detecter but review dident inspire me Id rather save up and get an excail one day not soon but also you get the usawal kelly co extras and a minelab pro pointer just incase any one is interested.

i was looking at the sufari and the at pro at pro dosent have muti signal and safari dident seem bad but explorers had good rap for an extra hundred bucks seem and seemed like an up grade to the safari hopfuly i made the right choice gettem while you can couse the discontinud them

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope you like it and good luck with your new detector. If you learn your detector you won't be sorry

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ouch, I think I broke my spellchecker reading this! :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
M

Mp4freedom

Sep 4, 2012
mason, oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya i was typing in the dark im not great at typing or spelling for that matter so nether one relly helps i think it kinda stuck with me after school to spell it how it sounds and i see a lot of messed up words and ill tri to fix them but i dont catch them all. this thing has a spell check? i looked for it since you sed that but did not find it sorry about the spelling been learning it for 29 years better than it used to be lol

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ya i was typing in the dark im not great at typing or spelling for that matter so nether one relly helps i think it kinda stuck with me after school to spell it how it sounds and i see a lot of messed up words and ill tri to fix them but i dont catch them all. this thing has a spell check? i looked for it since you sed that but did not find it sorry about the spelling been learning it for 29 years better than it used to be lol

When I spell something wrong it underlines it in red. Good luck!

OP
OP
M

Mp4freedom

Sep 4, 2012
mason, oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet I think it will serve me well to i got it today and assimbled it also cam with the minelab pro point 25 witch was a bonus pro pointer work very well also i used othere pointers and they sucked but pro pointer kicks ass hunted for a few hours more or less just triing to get some time on it and see how it works it would do good then bad i couldent figure out how to pin point but i figured it out later i was holding the button in and you dont have to on this one witch is nice to bad i dident figure it out for 2 hours till i was done FACEPALM!!! owell i still found thing clad dime 94 machine screw bolt pop tab and folded over aluminum so i did somthing right i guess but i relly had know idea what i was doing with this detector just learning it i read the manual on line before it got here and when it got here i brefed over assimbly and when strait out to play than it got dark and i started reading the manual again it makes a lot more sence after you mess with it for a while oh ya usful tip for any one having prablem feeding coil cord through the shaft loob it wit ky jelly it defenetly helped i struggaled with it for about 20 min than got some ky jelly and it slide right through i was afraid of pulling the wire shething off on the edge of the shaft sounds funny but it works

johnnyboy25

Aug 27, 2006
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
01/04/20 NOKTA IMPACT
i swing an old explorer xs,and i think you've chosen well. as they mentioned there is a learning curve (hey,it's fun learning).just in factory preset you'll be finding targets your bh missed.keep your eye out for a sunray probe,it's a perfect compliment to your new machine........good luck and hh.........jb

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with using any kind of lube on the coil wire is that it makes a real mess when you get sand or dirt stuck to it. I found the easiest way to get the wire through the shaft is to use a shoelace to pull it through. You can also "screw" it through with reasonable success if you spin it in the correct direction.

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an awesome machine . If you can't get a rain cover soon and think you may need one , I used a Zip Lock bag over my display head on my XLT and just tied the opening shut with a twist tie . I actually prefer the bag over the factory rain cover . A lot more flexable and easily replaced ......:thumbsup:

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Buy the book directly from Andy S. web site. It's cheaper, and he will sign it for you. Just google him.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a link to his website? I just bought an SE today also. Would like to read it....thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions