CaptJim

Tenderfoot
Nov 12, 2012
Madison, AL
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I caught the silver bug a month or so ago, and ordered some silver bullion online, thinking that would take care of the bug. I was wrong. I have been looking at ways to find silver without paying spot for it and I came across this wonderful website.

Since I am a noob to this, any suggestions or help is welcomed :icon_thumright:

This is my first day of CHR -

In the town I live in, we have quite a few banks within about a mile stretch of highway, so I decided I would drop in each one, and ask for all their halves. After about a dozen or so stops, I had accumulated $141.50 in halves ---$100 rolled ($90 from one bank, and $10 from another) the rest was loose halves in tellers' drawers. I also bought 3 Ikes...

Here's the verdict...

No silver

:sadsmiley:

The $90 in rolls I got from the one bank, had been searched. I should have picked up on the following clues:
1 - the teller told me she knew what I was doing.
2 - the coins had not one, but two account numbers on it - meaning someone probably deposited them originally, and them someone else withdrew to search them, and redeposited them. (well, they will now have 3 account numbers on them, fellow CRH's beware)

But not to worry, at the start of my bank hopping, I stopped at my bank and asked they had rolled halves, they didn't, but the head teller said she could order me some. I order $1000, and it should be in late next week, I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep on searchin' - a little advice tho, NEVER put your account # on anything you think might be going back out to the publik. Find a coin counter if you can, or find a bank that doesn't require your account # on roll returns.

OP
OP
C

CaptJim

Tenderfoot
Nov 12, 2012
Madison, AL
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone!

does the not dumping at the same bank rule apply if the bank has a coin machine that does the counting?

Also, does this mean don't buy and dump at the same bank, even if you go to a different branch? For the trip I described above, I returned to a completely separate bank that I have an account with, I am just wondering for future instances...

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find that even if there is no silver, you still gain something far more valuable...EXPERIENCE, EXPERIENCE and EXPERIENCE...Your Building up experience with the tellers, getting them to know you, building up the balls to ask for the coins (confidence) and also the enjoyment of opening them (the reward)..heck you even get quicker every time you hunt, your fingers move faster - your eyes are more focused and trained! ALL of this acts as your FOUNDATION to future finds! Good luck next time!!

ResidentialPyro

Greenie
Aug 18, 2012
Ohio / Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CaptJim said:
Thanks everyone!

does the not dumping at the same bank rule apply if the bank has a coin machine that does the counting?

Also, does this mean don't buy and dump at the same bank, even if you go to a different branch? For the trip I described above, I returned to a completely separate bank that I have an account with, I am just wondering for future instances...

Yes even if it has a counter. The tellers will get worn out fast. As for the same bank different branches usually that is fine but depends if the tellers go back and forth or pick up / drop off account tracking.

OP
OP
C

CaptJim

Tenderfoot
Nov 12, 2012
Madison, AL
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well...my two cases of halves came in today. I got skunked...

better luck next time I guess

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CaptJim said:
well...my two cases of halves came in today. I got skunked...

better luck next time I guess

Never give up, its out there. I just started in October and have picked up 5 90%ers and 21 40%ers.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread