ncexcavators

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well guys, here's what was found by myself a few friends on our groups first day detecting. Some clad and a weird aluminum cap with threads on the inside. All found in a couple hours at an old drag race track here in Western North Carolina. Today was really our first day and we were all just trying to learn our machines and get used to detecting. We're all looking forward to our next time we can get together again. We're working on finding new sites. Any ideas for beginners?

Crappy Cell pic*
firsthaul.jpg

Upvote 0

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All depends what your looking for... Clad and modern jewelry - hit parks, schools, tot lots, etc. looking for relics - hit cellar holes, plowed fields, etc. a little bit of everything including silver coins - get permission to detect the yards of old homes, cellar holes, old swimming holes and boat launches, etc. but in the end you could find just about anything at any of these places. Best of luck.

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know if you have these down your way, but up here in MA we have thousands of miles of stone walls. I've become OBSESSED with finding "breaks" in those walls which would indicate the entry way to property. If that "break" in the wall is on public land, or in the woods, or basically, NOT somebody's current home, I'm on it like white on rice!

I'm new to this hobby, too. I've only been detecting since early summer. It's true what they say... RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. Find places where people used to gather: abandoned train depots, abandoned drive-in movies, that kind of thing.

GOOD LUCK!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better than just pull tabs. HH

OP
OP
ncexcavators

ncexcavators

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow love all the replies, thanks all! As to stone walls, down here we don't have many but I hadn't even thought of drive ins! From what I've seen on here research is something I need to start working on for the area I'm in.

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Great start to many more finds! Keep swinging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread