first time half hunting

Aaronscicli

Greenie
Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
hi everyone. this is my first time posting tho ive been reading for about a year now . Ive wanted to get a box of half dollars for about a month now, but i am only 15 and cant get it without my mom. Well she finally said yes ! :headbang: So she went to order it but they said they couldnt because they had $900 in cwr in the vault so she went ahead and bought me $500 in those. Started going through and it looked like a dump. some of the rolls had writing saying what was inside >:( but then i had a 3 roll streak and got 19 40% :hello2: Beginners luck maybe. but who cares :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Aaronscicli said:
hi everyone. this is my first time posting tho ive been reading for about a year now . Ive wanted to get a box of half dollars for about a month now, but i am only 15 and cant get it without my mom. Well she finally said yes ! :headbang: So she went to order it but they said they couldnt because they had $900 in cwr in the vault so she went ahead and bought me $500 in those. Started going through and it looked like a dump. some of the rolls had writing saying what was inside >:( but then i had a 3 roll streak and got 19 40% :hello2: Beginners luck maybe. but who cares :icon_thumright:

Drop those off at another bank, pick up the rest of the CWR's.

Nice score.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Go for it Big A !

What a great start ! Isn't SILVER beautiful compared to all that ugly Clad?

Congrats.

Keep on Rollin' !

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some say beginner's luck, I say you already tapped into a silver vein, go for more, good luck!

antlerman23

Jun 6, 2011
Rochester Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Fisher F2 (DD coil)
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
doesnt it suck to have to get rides to the bank! im 15 too, and i feel your pain! thats alot better than my first! great jod man! thats right around $90 in silver! :headbang: great finds, and get the rest of those rolls!

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! :icon_thumright: I agree I would got back and buy what they have you never know.......

HH

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great start and as stated multiple times already, dump that clad and get the other 400, you never know what you might find!

at the same time you clean out their CWR ask them to put the order in for a box now that they are empty, by the time it arrives you should have time to go through the other 400 and dump it.

skelly9131

Jan 12, 2010
Way to go! If only I had been aware of this hobby when I was 15. Oh, the silver I would have now.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
skelly9131 said:
Way to go! If only I had been aware of this hobby when I was 15. Oh, the silver I would have now.

I am with you there. Had I known and also possessed the strength of character needed to not cash it in during a moment of convenience I'd be able to buy a nice house at market price for cash, and still have money left over to buy a riding mower and hire a kid to run it every week.

Rascal

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
antlerman23 said:
doesnt it suck to have to get rides to the bank! im 15 too, and i feel your pain! thats alot better than my first! great jod man! thats right around $90 in silver! :headbang: great finds, and get the rest of those rolls!

same, except I'm 13. That's why I will only CRH once a week.

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big A grats my friend I am happy to hear you were able to talk your mother into doing this for you and then BAM!! it pays off on the first time around with 19 40% equals out to 2.8 oz and a little over 90 bucks in melt value which can be translated into an easy 75 bucks at about any coin / pawn shop (low side) replace the 9.50 in face value an pocket a cool 65 all the while retaining your 500 up front cost.

Wanna intoduce me to mom??? :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: Im just teasing

Yall are going to have alot of fun roll hunting together. Build some good memories because there is only 1 mom, never forget no matter how mad she makes you, there is and will only be 1.

Good Luck, Happy Hunting and welcome to the hobby

dougbfromnorthga

Apr 10, 2011
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon & Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the nickname is sticking. Big A
Run with it..
HH Doug

bnicholas26

Apr 25, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bare Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd have to agree that being 15 sucks (I'm 30). All you think about is finally driving a car. But you gotta think about CRH in addition. I was just thinking about girls. But I wish I'd started CRH WHEN i was 15. haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread