First time I dug for Indian artifacts...

DoubleBarrell86

Oct 21, 2017
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I switched it up today.. I didnt feel like walking walking in fields or detecting. I wld have detected today if I new land to walk on but I didnt feel like door knocking either lol.. anyways I remember a cut over I walking in one time right on the creek and where they bull doze a path I remember seeing flent, pottery shards and I think I even found a broke point then. I didnt know I was going to go digging or I wld have made a shifter. It just hit me all of sudden to do it bc I been watching YouTube on ppl doing it and was getting real successful. So I tried it lol I guess I done ok idk... the lap stone it's been worked on it was about 2ft down maybe 2.5 all the rest was in the first 5 to 8 inchs..
20190303_172012.jpg
20190303_172059.jpg
20190303_174250.jpg

Upvote 16

MadTom

Dec 6, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Bandido umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful. In some states that’s illegal. Nice finds though

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!! What MadTom said is exactly correct!!! Be careful and make sure what Your doing, where Your doing it is legal.

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you are on an eastern US woodland period site. The large flat stone is a metate. It would have been paired with a mano and was the base upon which corn, nuts, or other grains would be ground. The triangular points are all true arrowheads, not atl-atl darts points like most of the points found in the US. Run an internet search for "Native American, eastern woodland period" to learn more. Nice finds.

OP
OP
DoubleBarrell86

DoubleBarrell86

Oct 21, 2017
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you're on private property and not digging human remains you are probably okay. Gary

Yup it private and havnt seen no bones.. if I do I'll put all back and go back to swinging my detector lol I dont need that bad juju on me

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread