First time Ive used discrimination and it seems to have paid off!

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in an apartment building that was built in the 60's I havnt used discrimination before because its an older model detector and I dont want to loose any depth and such. But ive been wanting to hunt the backyard here now for a while but dreading all the poptabs and bits of gum wrapper and crap so I finally decided to try out the discrimination on my detector. Its weird without the discrimination on everything beeps monotone and theres no telling whats there, but with the discrimination it seems to have more characteristics than every before. Not a whole lot found today but my first quarters. The 67 quarter has a really cool patina. Also found a 69 dime. and a copper earring.
today1.JPG today2.JPG

Upvote 2

DiggingNC

Apr 23, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett ProPointer, SunRay Pro Gold Headphones. Previousdetectors were White's, Garrett's and others.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the 1st quarters! The 1st of anything is always cool. Stay at it, and your bound to find some silver there. Good luck to ya.

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....run everything with no discrimination. If you know your machine you can sort it out. Whatever works for you and continued good hunting!

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the quarter, Keep up the hunt. And there's a time a place for all metal and....Discrimination...............Good Luck and...................HH

OP
OP
TheElementOfSand

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without the discrim on I would have had 3 times more junk and a 1/4 of the coins I guarantee it.

OP
OP
TheElementOfSand

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leslie I want to see you pull out a 1970's monotone detector and tell me the difference between the 1 and only tone, cause that's all i have got at the moment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread