First Time Metal Detecting!

Ezrik

Mar 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i went down to the beach yesterday with the intentions to try out my new Tesoro Sand Shark. After getting in the cold water with nothing but a mask, snorkel and my sand shark i realized that i was ill equipt haha. I was able to find items but digging them up was near impossible due to a number of things, i only had my hands, i was freezing, and the waves were thrashing me around. So, my first experience may have been un thought out but it was fun none the less. Heres a link to the two things i found :) imgur: the simple image sharer (A Quarter and a little brass bead) I plan on going back tomorrow with a wet suit, my scuba gear, and maybe something to dig with like a mini shovel. Anyways thanks for reading and wish me luck!

Upvote 0
Good luck.
Happy hunting.

Get a mesh finds bag, and I've found fanning to be easier when diving than trying to dig with anything. Some people use ping pong paddles, but I use my hands, with neoprene gloves on of course.

http://bit.ly/1nhwmV3

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Ezrik! Wow that is hardcore! You did great and will do better with a wetsuit and scoop and maybe a pair of Booties!
Best of luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back