First time out..and got hooked..

W

wodd

Today I finally got my detector, I purchased a Whites Prizm ll from my local dealer.[ Thats another story in its self]. I decided to get a detector that would get me out there and get my feet wet because I really wasn't sure of how much I wanted to spend on my first detector. So I went with the Prizm and I am glad I did because so far I am completely happy with it. Paid about $199 for it and got free headphones..
I tried it out in my yard and at first I was freaking out becuase it seemd to be all over the place as far as pin pionting and picking up false signals. But I slowed down the pace and went back to what the video said to do and also I turn up the disc. to only pick up coins. And right off the bat I was digging up quarters and right many too. I only detected for about an hour and I found about $ 1.87 in clad. Also found my house key,an old train wheel, and of coarse alot of junk.. But I was amazed of how quickly the Prizm got me to feel more confident about digging and using the detector.. I think the best thing of all is that my 2 grandkids [5 and 2] were out there with me digging..Man what a thrill that was..
Finally I would like to thank everyone who gave me advice in taking my time and for all of great stories that I have read , its a great forum and a great hobby..
THANKS,
WODD

Upvote 0

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
"Hello my name is omnicognic and I'm addicted to treasure hunting." "Hello omni" says the crowd in unison! Welcome Wodd to the addiction! 8)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Hello Wodd, I'm stoney and I'm a detectorist. Thanks for sharing your story and welcome to the group. HH and remember it only becomes more addicting.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi, Wodd. Admitting you have a problem is the first step. ;)

I have a prizm IV. I used it twice between snowstorms but I'm loving it. It's light weight and has a lot of info.

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Soon you'll find the only real problem is that there aren't enough daylight hours... welcome aboard and HH.

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
Welcome aboard Wodd,
You did well your first time out.
Keep digging.
BRD

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Welcome Wodd! The addiction just gets stronger with time. I think I remember reading something about a 12 step program for detectorists somewhere on the forum. Your life will just get better the more you are out there detecting. Ain't it great to have the kids & grandkids involved? Nothing better in life for us older detector junkies. Welcome to the forum. Spotz

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Welcome aboard!, Wodd...
Looks like your off to a great start.
It's great when you can get the littles ones involved, it doesn't take much to get them excited...
Also, I'm sure there little beginers luck will rub off on ya... ;D
Good luck on your next hunt...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread