Deedeemacaw

Tenderfoot
May 16, 2014
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I got my At Pro today and just used it in my back yard. So much fun but I am now very tired. Very hard rocky clay in my yard. Mostly found foil, a can and a small piece of lead but the first thing was this piece of jewelry. I think it is a part of a brooch. It was the 1st thing I dug. Can't wait till tomorrow so I can do more. By I bought my husband the Ace350. IMG_0705[1].JPG IMG_0709[1].JPG

Upvote 7

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard! The pro and 350 are both capable machines. The treasure will be the time spent together enjoying the hobby. Happy Hunting!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Welcome to t-net! :hello: :blob9: :hello2:

Nice to dig that piece of old jewelry your first time out! :icon_thumright: With rocky clay for your first day, you'll really enjoy future digs in kinder soil! Have Fun! :cat: Andi

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hooked already! Welcome aboard

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep on diggin. hope you find a treasure chest

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to you new addiction, you are in a great area and I am sure you will find a lot of awesome goodies in due time.
To learn how to use your machines well I would advise you to look at all the Garrett videos on their web site and try using the pro mode on your ATP, it will tell you alot more about what your targets are prior to digging and eventually bring up your good target to bad target ratio. You may also want to pick up the smaller 5 x 8 coil, it is lighter and works better in trashy areas.
There are some very capable digging tools and shovels available to help you get through the clay, you may want to look at purchasing one of those as well.
Good luck,
ZDD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't mind a recommendation, upgrade the AT Pro to the smaller coil. The 5 X 8 inch coil is a lot better. I used the larger one that came with the machine for over a year. When I got the smaller coil, my valuable finds tripled.

rich f

May 29, 2013
mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dig it all everything ,every signal and before u know it u will be able to tell whats what before u dig it.....

OP
OP
D

Deedeemacaw

Tenderfoot
May 16, 2014
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have watched the dvd and also watch every video I can on Youtube. I was hooked even before I got my machine. I am super addicted already. My home is only about 20 years old so I was surprised to find anything in my back yard. Wow, what fun. Thanks for the advice, I think I am going to order the smaller coil.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats great first finds! Next the coins, silver & gold! GL. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread