First time out with HF elliptical = gold ring

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I wont be selling my Deus to get on the "nox" waiting list anytime soon.

Just bought a HF elliptical used from a local guy and ran down to my iron infested beach to give it a test run.

Now I know most of you will not like this program because of all the discrim, but it works for me when used in the heavy iron crap.

DEUS FAST and I change GB to tracking, Discrim to 29, reactivity to 4, iron audio to 0 and had the freq all the way up max (76khz?)

Only had about 45 minutes and hit this nice mans 10k ring on the second scoop in the surf line. I think it had a initial on the onyx at one time.

10kmans.jpg

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think that's a mens ring. Seems too dainty, imo. Still a great find though.

Congratulations.:skullflag:

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think that's a mens ring. Seems too dainty, imo. Still a great find though.

Congratulations.:skullflag:

Thanks

Yeah, you may be right.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
so, in order to use this coil, you have to update to 4.0. I have 3.2 currently. not sure if I want to change over yet, still learning the 3.2 . Sorry, forgot, congrats on the nice gold ring, looks like you should be happy with the coil

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtlooter - yeah the new coils only work on v4 software. It's not that big a deal to upgrade, but if you don't plan on getting the HF coil and 3.2 is working for you - you know what they say - if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Toothpick - Congrats on the gold. The HF coil at the two high freqs is a mid-conductor vacuum cleaner. And re: the program - whatever works. If you are running full tones though, the iron volume setting doesn't matter. If you disc out the iron, then you will not hear it on full tones regardless of the iron volume setting, dunno why XP didn't just gray the setting out since it is N/A in full tones - I guess the iron volume menu slot has not idea that you selected full tones. Since that is what you want, then you are all set. If you are running multitones then, yes, you have to 0 out the iron volume if you don't want to hear it with discrimination cut in.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dirtlooter - yeah the new coils only work on v4 software. It's not that big a deal to upgrade, but if you don't plan on getting the HF coil and 3.2 is working for you - you know what they say - if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Toothpick - Congrats on the gold. The HF coil at the two high freqs is a mid-conductor vacuum cleaner. And re: the program - whatever works. If you are running full tones though, the iron volume setting doesn't matter. If you disc out the iron, then you will not hear it on full tones regardless of the iron volume setting, dunno why XP didn't just gray the setting out since it is N/A in full tones - I guess the iron volume menu slot has not idea that you selected full tones. Since that is what you want, then you are all set. If you are running multitones then, yes, you have to 0 out the iron volume if you don't want to hear it with discrimination cut in.

I tend to wait a while on anything new in design, I like to give everyone a chance to work out the bugs in the new designs. Then I have to justify the added cost....this would be less of a problem if I was younger or more physically able. I do like what these new coils do and they do add even more versatility to owning a Deus. I also appreciate the help and info that you and the others freely give, this really speeds up the learning curve, especially for a guy that the learning curve looks more like a twist tie.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome ring find! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions