First time out with MXT - question

woodcutter

Greenie
Dec 1, 2003
Brandon SD
Well, most of the snow is gone and was finally able to get out with my new Whites MXT. Only lasted about 15 minutes. The wind was blowing and I didn't anticipate that the wind chill would be about 10 degrees. Did find a 46 wheat and a 54 Rosie dime. Not bad for 15 minutes.

I did however have lots of signals. So much chatter. Do you think that is just because of so much trash in the ground or do I have my set up wrong. It got to a point where I only dug real solid VDI numbers.

woodcutter

Attachments

• 100_3542.jpg
    100_3542.jpg
    637.1 KB · Views: 24
Upvote 0

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Hey Woodcutter
Go the www.findmall.com forum and then go to MXT forum. You could post your question with a lot of experienced users. Sounds like you are doing quite well already.

P.S. the chatter was probably your teeth in -10 wind chill.

George

Shedman

Dec 31, 2003
Try using the machine in relic with the trigger forward. It will only give two tones then. A low tone for ferrous and a high tone for non-ferrous. Set the sensitivity as high as poss to maintain a stable threshold. Discrim on 1 or 2, as 0 will put the machine into a default mode.

When you switch on, dont forget to pump the machine between 2"-6" above the ground (reducing or increasing the sensitivity untill the threshold remains constant) to ground-balance the machine. If you cant get a constant threshold, reduce/increase the sensitivity. Failing to do this will give false signals and make the machine extremely sensitive to hot rocks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread