First Time Out

D

Downtwner

After a year of stopping in and reading this board I finally decided it was time. This weekend my Ace 250 came and I was able to go out for an hour today. Went down to a local park and detected around the base of all the big pine trees where the ground is soft (easy digging :-) ). 60 Cents and a bunch of junk for the day but I was playing and learning.

Thanks everyone for your great posts and keeping me interested. Now I can play too.

Attachments

• IMAG0035.JPG
    IMAG0035.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 441
Upvote 0

MetalFury

May 25, 2006
New Jersey
Hello! I just signed up on this board a few days ago and just got a detector last week. I got an Ace 250 also! Welcome and Happy Hunting!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Welcome to the club! ;D I filled up my trash pouch today, too. Hit a spot in the park where evidently every wino has been before, lol.... ;)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get discouraged,it looks like a lot of my finds at times.They'll get better with time and research.Welcome to the board and good luck with future hunts.

RC KID

Apr 15, 2006
Michigan
:) Better that I did today. 1 25cent and 6 penies. If you keep hunting you will find a lot of coins. Keep Hiting the park I still keep finding stuff (around the corts in the grass) and the schools. Keep diging. And of corse filling in the holes. Good luck RC

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Downtown; Welcome and congrats on your first finds.Im sure theres lots of good stuff in that park if youve got the patients to sort it out.That quarter isnt an old one is it?Maybe its just the pic. H.H....Joe

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Down here in Georgia the soil is literally as hard as concrete.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Welcome to this thing we do.
Find your first keeper and then you'll really be addicted.
Best of luck to you!

Smiles!
BDoo

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Down,

welcome to the board.

Many more finds to come.

Hope you and that new machine do well.

have a good un................

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Keep on practicing and you will start finding the good stuff. Aluminum is at .70 cents a pound, them pull tabs aren't as worthless as they use to be. When you find a few thousand more you can turn them and buy yourself some new batteries.

gmu4me

Jan 15, 2006
Culpeper, Va
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
welcome... Metal Detecting is truly an addicting hobby... I find myself looking at every field and park as I drive by thinking hmmmmm...... I also keep my detector with me every where i go, just in case...

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it seems like you had a great first day

-GC

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Wow! Nice pull tabs and bottlecaps! ;D Get used to digging those, because you never know when you might find a diamond in the rough. I've only been detecting a year, but people will tell you to do your research first for a good area to hunt and then put in the time to make a methodical search. Good luck, and welcome to the forum!

DJ

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Welcome to the forum! Its a joy to find stuff! Ive joined since last decemeber 2005 but didnt stumble upon this forum for quiet a while. I recommend another forum www.mdparadise.net! This is a really great forum for all the advice and things you need. Yes i do go to other forums. It takes awhile to get good at using ur metal detector. Im still trying to find modes which suit me best for coin shooting and jewerly hunting. Man i was excited when i found my first foriegn coin. Now i found my third one! Just look at my posts of my finds if you need to get motivated! Nice finds! Dont worry somedays you just find one coin others you find tons! ;D ;D My ultimate goal this year is to find one old coin from the around 1890-1920! Well good luck! Keep posting! Remeber its not about what you find! Its about how much fun your having! ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread