First time rolls

travelerga

Sep 22, 2013
Silkhope Ga
Detector(s) used
(currently, Lobo & AT Pro) whites 6DB, 6000, Fisher 5 zx, Tesoro Bandito micromax,Sand Shark, Tejon. Garret GT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I was in a small town with time to kill. Went to two banks, bought 9 rolls of halves between them. this is the first time I have ever bought rolls.

1 '53 Franklin
1 '65 Kennedy
3 ' 66 "
11 '67 "
13 '68 "
4 '69 "
I may be hooked.

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang great haul on $90 in halves

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow nice score. I'd think that should be enough to to get u hooked for sure.....esp from just 9 rolls. I managed to get 10 mwr's of halves from a bank today that r still in my car. I'll consider myself lucky if I find just one keeper.

H$H!

Update: I searched the 10 rolls I bought today and found 1 '67 silver and a few NIFC's including a '71S. Not much but anytime I can find silver @ face Im a happy hunter. :happy3:

Last edited:

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
The first time I walk into a bank and asked if they had any halves, I got 4 rolls of CWR.
They contained a 1939 Walker and 3 40%ers.
3 years later I am still addicted
CRH most days of the week!

OP
OP
T

travelerga

Sep 22, 2013
Silkhope Ga
Detector(s) used
(currently, Lobo & AT Pro) whites 6DB, 6000, Fisher 5 zx, Tesoro Bandito micromax,Sand Shark, Tejon. Garret GT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tks, a new hobby to add to what I do. metal detecting , gold prospecting , gem digging, bottle digging, crabbing and making jewelry.

OP
OP
T

travelerga

Sep 22, 2013
Silkhope Ga
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, bought a box.Halves
1 '43 walker
8 '64 Kennedys
8 Franklins
12 40% Kennedys.
I guess that was a good box.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang you better hit the half boxes hard- do what ever you can to get your hand on as many boxes as you can- looks like you have hit a AG vein

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow....that's a great first box too. Id say ur sure off to a great start with this hobby. Id sure keep ordering boxes to see if u can get more like that one.

Btw, I still remember a nice score I had that got me really interested in CHRing. It was in Sept '09 when I found a solid CWR of Franklin halves. At the time I thought that was just an extremely lucky once in a lifetime find and I didn't know how popular CRHing was or how profitable it could be....for a hobby anyway.

HSH!

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

travelerga

Sep 22, 2013
Silkhope Ga
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ordered a box of Ikes. just to see where it goes.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ordered a box of Ikes. just to see where it goes.

They won't come in a box- at least I've never heard of a box of ikes, only bags- good luck with them- i haven't found a bank that's been able to order them for me yet

OP
OP
T

travelerga

Sep 22, 2013
Silkhope Ga
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the local B o A had the halves and they ordered the ikes on the condition I bought 1000.00,the whole box as the lady said. also found
1 '03
2 '09 Kennedys, don't know what that's worth.

Last edited:

Will45

Sep 1, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great your first time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions