First Time... Unbelievable Success

Eigenturtle

Greenie
Dec 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been reading these forums for the past few weeks and thought I would give it a shot. Ironically I went to the bank to close my account and decided to pick up two rolls of half dollars. When the teller handed them to me I noticed that the top contained a Franklin. I walked to my car without closing the account and discovered that both rolls were entirely silver. I started shaking and went to the nearest store to take out more money and buy more rolls. It turned out that I recieved the only two silver ones. The teller pulled out a box of non CWRs and I decided to purchase 2 of those. They didn't yield any silver. One of the silver rolls contained all 63 Franklins and the other all 64 Ken. I am pleased by results for my time out. I can't upload the picture from my phone but as soon as I get home I will do so.

Upvote 0

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
That is the reason not to close your account at that bank 8) :laughing7:
Nice gift for a New Year!

OP
OP
E

Eigenturtle

Greenie
Dec 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is what I received.

Attachments

• photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 557

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Congrats on your first find you now have the silver bug. Happy Hunting Ron

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow - sure looks like you got someone's collection. Many of the Ben's and all the '64's like like they're in BU cond. :thumbsup:

I got a solid cwr of Ben's ('59-'63) back in Sept. of '09 from a bank that really got me hooked on CRHing so I guess I know about lucky 1st time success too. :)

HH & HNY :occasion18:

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find, most definitely some ones collection. Welcome to the non-fiat crowd! :thumbsup:

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the Benns and Kenns look BU. They yield a small premium.

When my dealer was paying $22.20 per 90% dollar he would give me $13.00 just for one BU Benn.

Yours really look in BU Condition.

Darth Walker

OP
OP
E

Eigenturtle

Greenie
Dec 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will most certainly be out there tomorrow going around banks and picking up rolls here and there. The bank teller told me that the rolls have been in there for months. Thanks for the input on the coin grading, It wouldn't have crossed my mind that they would be a bit more valuable. I don't plan on selling anything unless for whatever reason I run out of money while I am away at college. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread