first timer

dobie

Feb 12, 2006
corry, pa
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, bounty hunter scout
hi, newbie here, i been hangin around researching what i could,,just got a bounty hunter scout a few days ago and today went down to lake erie to troll the beach,,,good intentions, but the ice dunes kept me from getting as close to the waterline as i was hopeing to get, put in 2 hours before having to call it quits and head to work,,nada,,got some experience using my machine, and cleaning the enviorment, i took a large bag of "junk" and nothing to take pics. of 1st time out, and had a ball even if i didnt find a treasure, lol
i was thinking of trying in" the big woods", where i do my hunting,,any thoughts on that area
thanks

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
D,

welcome to the forum.

Woods are the place I always want to be.

If you have been hunting them have you come across any
old foundations, old roads, that sort of thing?

Those are good places to start.

Plus will give you the opportunity of picking up some
of those old shotgun shells you left out there ;)

Again, welcome.

have a good un................

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Sometimes those woods pays off real well. Occasionally you may not see a foundation for all the weeds and brush. You might look for out of the way plants such as flowers and such-not so much in the winter but as spring comes on. Of course with some of the weird weather this country is having, they may try and bloom a bit early. HH and let us know what you find. Congrats on your new detector! HH and Best of Luck!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions