First trip out with my ACE 150. Definitely hooked.

wesleetu

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After work yesterday, I came home and found it had been delivered. I know people usually recommend the 250 as a starter but I didn't even know if I'd use it much so I went with the 150.

Anyways, next to me across the street is a park. Every year we have a carnival and people come from all around the state. It ends up that there is some very high traffic (10-20000 people over a weekend in my town of 2500). Anyways, I decided I'd check it out, I don't know if it's ever been detected and if not, I'm sure there are some dropped treasure. There are vendors and little stalls that people set up to sell stuff so there are pretty good chances of all manner of items.

Anyway, when out for half an hour before it started raining on me. Found every target that it dinged at with relative ease. I was impressed with the accuracy.

Within that half hour I found a bobby pin, a soda tab (90s style, kind of rectangular) and a 1964 penny and a piece of foil. While none of this stuff is treasure, it definitely got me hooked. I think I'm going to take my knife with my next time to make the digging a bit easier. I look forward to hopefully finding some quarters at least :)

Upvote 0

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I had an Ace 150 for a short while and I did really enjoy using it. It is a nice machine and extremely easy to operate. Unfortunately I "outgrew" it in about 15 minutes. Keep it up and you will be pulling out your wallet and upgrading your machine in no time.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any find is a good find, Keep up the hunt. Ya never know whats comming up next!
Patience and experience with time will offer rewards and good excercise too. Good luck Treasure hunting friend.

LLanos

Feb 13, 2012
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Compass Liberty 100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome
I'm about three weeks or so ahead of you. It just keeps on being fun. Good days, bad days its fun. I'm a fat, old retired fellow. It gets me out in the fresh air exercising. If I find anything, it's just icing on the cake.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good stuff knows how to hide.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My uncle has the ace 2 fiddy you would have to pry that damn thing from his hands he loves his ace 2 fiddy. doesn't find any thing good or deep just clad on the surface and a couple of inches below.but he's hooked.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have fun with it.

Just remember, the screen isn't telling you, for example, "That's a pulltab down there!"

It's saying "There might be a pulltab down there."

Bear that in mind, and you'll never think the screen lied to you. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread