Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found my first V last night in a cornfield that has no doubt been hit with some heavy fertilizer as it was green and toasted,also the same place where I found the toasted US large cent. I'm glad I was able to make out the year,1906 and her face. Two .69 caliber flank a much smaller .50 caliber Smith carbine bullet. Sorry about the sideways picture.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    639.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Upvote 21
I'd say it's not toasted at all if you can see the date really easy. Just a little TLC will help it out, fine looking lead even though you like to shoot sideways.:)

I really like that lead ms. coilygirl! There is just something special about finding CW lead.

I agree, I think the V will clean up very well. Congrats on your first! They are always special. Nice Bullets too, it would be nice to be near Civil War sites. HH!

Congratulations on the V-nickel find!

ah that's not toasted! there's a lot of jealous people out there on both finds. congrats

Nice finds thanks for sharing and congrats on the success.

I like those finds Nancy, bullets are always great and I also like the old nickel. What did Steve find?

I like those finds Nancy, bullets are always great and I also like the old nickel. What did Steve find?

Thanks Donnie. Steve found three of those big boys and I can't think of what else,maybe a big piece of camp melt. We got a late start yesterday so maybe next time we'll be able to do a little better. Still a nice afternoon doing what we love.

how does that woman find so much good stuff?

Very nice finds I found a couple of v nickels and some get toasted and some are in great condition! Good luck in the future!!!
Jolteon

I've only found 1 V nickel ever. I am not sure why they are so hard to come across. I let my friend borrow my CZ-3D and in the first 30 minutes he found his first and the same place I just found about 8 older Jefferson nickels.

Very nice finds I found a couple of v nickels and some get toasted and some are in great condition! Good luck in the future!!!
Jolteon
You are SO right about that! I have found 2 and one was toasted and the other was in pretty good shape!

I love the lead, CG. I wish we had the opportunity here to find such nice relics here in NePa.:icon_thumright:

Beautiful V-nickel. Thanks for sharing the find and those nicks aren't always easy to find. Nice work!

You go girl! That's beautiful green and crusty! Bullets too, Awesome!

Jeff, she's one "lucky lady"!

You dug a CSA plate before you got a V nickel! Fantastic! Nice snag on the V and nice looking lead too. I like the photo on top of the jewelry box. :)

Cheers,

Buck

next she will probably dig up stonewall jackson's personal effects locker!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back