First V Nickel!!!!!!!!!

Lc_102

Jul 15, 2006
Springfield MO
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 DI Pro Plus
Was MD'ing at a church yesterday, corner stone 1919, when I found a 1911 Wheat Back. When A lady I had talked to before (who lives across the street) told me she was reflooring thier porch, and I could come by tommarow (today).

Anyway, she had tole me they found box's of old blow top and coke bottles under thier. Thier house was built in 1909, and was built on a previous houses property from the mid 1800's. I was late getting over thier today, when I got thier, she was about to leave but told me to come back around six. We were talking on thier front porch, the half that hadnt been torn up, looking at the half that had, when I spotted a coin on the top of the dirt, I picked it up, rubbed the back and saw the V.

Could NOT BELIEVE IT!! I NEVER thought I would find a V-nickle, she must have uncovered it digging for bottles with a small trawel and never saw it. Im super exited about this sight, and will be heading back over thier in about 30 min's.

Dont let the picture fool you, its in fantastic shape, most nickles around here corrode FAST! I can read full liberty on the front of the coin, and it isnt corroded at all, I guess from being burried under thier porch. Im still exited, I'll post the rest of my finds if I find anything else there. Once again, the pic doesnt do it justice.

Attachments

• V Nickel Back.jpg
    V Nickel Back.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 315
Upvote 0

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find !!
mojjax

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see from the pic that it has good detail remaining. Nice find, I don't see V nickels dug up that often, for some reason.

Keep us posted on what else you find!

OP
OP
Lc_102

Lc_102

Jul 15, 2006
Springfield MO
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 DI Pro Plus
Got back from the place and you wont believe what I found.
NOTHING!!!!! >:( Not even a single coin hit. I went over this place meticulously, 4 times with discrimination up, 5 times with it down, and NOTHING AT ALL!

Unbelievable, I mean, I found one (1) coin thier and it was ontop of the ground where they had been digging alittle bit.

But, my first V-nickel ever completely made my day, even without finding anything else. If anything I figured that was a sure sign of a good place, but I guess I was wrong. this is a strange hobby, I found 3 silver dimes in a yard that was "hunted out", then I find 1 old nickel ontop of the ground in untouched soil, and nothing else. Still scratching my head. ???

tchaire

Oct 4, 2004
LC--

Like your attitude....Reminds me of the time my brother found a seated liberty dime laying right on top of the soil while doing some landscaping around a neighbor's old house....Later on we went back thinking the place would be loaded with coins and found nothing.

Don't know how many times I've heard "That place is hunted out." and "There's nothing in there." and have it turn out to be a great spot. And vice-versa...."There's got to be a lot of coins here or there"....Only to be skunked.

Search anytime you get permission and have the chance.

T.

D

doyboy

I found a shit load of Vs. They are fun to find! Happing Hunting, LT!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread