First Voyage of the Jolly Roger

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captain’s Log: 5/22/12

Left sandy port at 2:00pm with a brisk northeast wind pushing full sail. My destination was a small stretch of beach to the south which I claimed possession of in the name of the Jolly Roger, this bar I thus named, The Bar of Big Hope. However, from these distant sands I recovered few lost treasures, and sadly, most of them were less then what the eye had first relished. One small gold plated toe ring, one large .925 band, one nickel plated band, and two junk stone-baring teasers. ARG! (Trying to get into the spirit of things. :laughing7:)

diver2-1.jpg

Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got the spirit of the hunt with no problem....
ya just need the treasure to co-operate a bit better.
Congrats on the recoveries.. Gold Nuggets :hello:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, congratulation!!:occasion14:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bigscoop, looks like Jolly Roger brought you to the right place; there's got to be a lot more there.

Those "gold colored " rings sure look like they are true gold.

Congrats on the "5 -ringer" day!
Lorraine

You and "J.R" have the spirit...now just get back out there ASAP and pick up that elusive gold:headbang:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigscoop, looks like Jolly Roger brought you to the right place; there's got to be a lot more there.

Those "gold colored " rings sure look like they are true gold.

Congrats on the "5 -ringer" day!
Lorraine

You and "J.R" have the spirit...now just get back out there ASAP and pick up that elusive gold:headbang:

The toe ring is unmarked but heavy and looks and feels like the real deal, but for now I'm assuming it's not since it looks new and it's not marked. Gold is very elusive right now, a lot of new sand coming in. Just about all of the rings were fairly deep, 8 - 10" down and the large nickel ring was probably closer to a foot. What I can't figure out is why I'm not finding any pendents & bracelets & large hoop earrings, etc., this year? Just about all of my jewelry finds have been rings, which is a bit odd, not that I'm complaining, just saying..."weird". :dontknow: May have to start hitting the wet sand again to see what I can kick up. "Very few" accessible targets in the swim zones right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread