davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got three different earrings. two junkers and one silver. two are hoops only and one is a butterfly inside the hoop (junque, but neat). This was my first time with the garrett seahunter and I can see how you can dig iron. I took about 8 pcs of concrete mesh out of the bottom in 6 inch pieces, but it's kewl knowing the water is not gonna harm the machine. It's a work out too. It's gonna be hard to keep me down on the farm, now that I found the way :icon_sunny:

Upvote 0

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I love it! There sure are a lot of those hoop earrings in the water. I forgot to mention that today I also had a school of fish around me for a while. Some of those babies had to be 18 inches. I don't know what kind they were but it was cool. I love the water hunting. Good luck with finds. Can't wait to see what else you find.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water hunting is great for not being eaten by mosquitoes like when hunting the land. It is my favorite way to hunt and it only gets better as you learn more about it.

Good Luck,
Sandman

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Now you didn't have to mention that fliptopking! My husband was watching that movie "Shark Swarm" last night and since I knew I was going in the water today I refused to watch it and went in the bedroom to watch something else.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time in the water is always a shock to most folks to see how much work it is. It was to me also. I learned to pace myself a little better after that. Silver on your first go of it is good. The PI will get you some iron but in my case anyway the Infinium has been deadly on Gold. Good going.

DaChief

OP
OP
D

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, this is the first time I've used a PI, I luv it. The guy I hunt with, a friend of many years, gave me a pair of monster flippers today when we got to the beach, I mean these things will send ya 40 ft on one kick, and a sign that says; " In case of great white shark attack....................swim like hell". He's a good guy. Now to get me some of the good stuff.

Water temp was 81 today, way too high for this time of year so I'm bracing for a storm or two this year.

Watch for me tween clearwater and ft desoto, I'll be the grinnin guy with a seahunter mark II and a goofy smile on my facr :thumbsup:

tri trackers

Feb 8, 2008
West Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Excalibur 1000, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Golden Umax, BH Pioneer 202
Davest,

Nice finds. Went to a Pinellas on Saturday evening while my teen was boogie boarding. Couldn't concentrate on MD'ing too much was afraid she would get carried off by a rip tide. Just happen to give it a swing where she threw her bag down. 27 cents richer!? Quite a few people out. How about today was it crowded??
Can't wait to go snorkeling. I also saw the Shark Swarm was on TV but I too decided not to watch it.

HH

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mumszie said:
Now you didn't have to mention that fliptopking! My husband was watching that movie "Shark Swarm" last night and since I knew I was going in the water today I refused to watch it and went in the bedroom to watch something else.
ROFLMAO!

OP
OP
D

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just walking, I don't think I could co ordinate swimming/breathing/metal detecting all at once. :icon_sunny: It was getting pretty crowded when we left at noon, typical Memorial day crowd.

tri trackers

Feb 8, 2008
West Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Excalibur 1000, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Golden Umax, BH Pioneer 202
Watch for me tween clearwater and ft desoto, I'll be the grinnin guy with a seahunter mark II and a goofy smile on my facr :thumbsup:
[/quote]

We'll see ya out there!! We hang out there also. Still hoping for the gold and silver. Look for Mutt & Jeff and a teen carry some knd of beach board (surf, boogie, skim)

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread