First war nickel

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
For the last few years I have concentrated on becoming the best possible jewelry hunter I can be.
This year it is time to move to the next phase and start looking for more old coins.
I have found a a few, even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time, but now it is time to hit more old sites and really start to take advantage of the rich history we have around here, the great dirt we have to dig in and my new F70 which should be able to find them no matter how shallow or deep they are hiding.
Not a big deal to many, but yesterday I got a first for me, scratched one off the bucket list and began the great coin hunt of 2014.
Wrecked and worn but I don't care...it counts.
A 1945 war nickel...it's a good start.

Banner, anyone? :laughing7:

Attachments

• war nickel.jpg
    war nickel.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 5

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find digger! In the past two years of detecting I have only come across one war nickel, also a 1945. HH

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grats on the war nickle! good luck with your coin hunt! HH

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool!!..It took me almost 3 years before I found my first one...now It seems I find a couple a month..lol

Great save man!

Echostatic

Oct 4, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats! I "found" one of these on a coworker's desk once, he gave it to me the day he quit. No coin collection is complete without a war nickel! I hope you can find an even better one soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread