WawaDuane

Oct 12, 2013
Northern Ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First water find of the season......the compass is cool. I find tinkle cones everywhere I go now, good problem to have.

IMG_4639.JPG

Tinkle cone.

IMG_4642.JPG

Upvote 11

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
Tinkle cones ? I can guess what they are, but I really don't know. Are they old ? Now how in the world did a large compass get in the drink. Perhaps the original owner was holding it the wrong way with the arrow pointing downwards.
Ontario is so beautiful, and has some wonderful lakes and rivers. Nice finds and thanks for sharing. Good Luck & be very careful. I found out common rocks will really cut you up if you trip and fall on them.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tinkle Cone??

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool compass find! :occasion14:

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding that old compas is a unique find for sure. O.k. since I got to the party too late to be number 1 I'll settle for the three spot of nieve nosiness and also ask....just what is a tinkle cone?

OP
OP
WawaDuane

WawaDuane

Oct 12, 2013
Northern Ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tinkle cones are tiny pieces of copper, rolled into cones called tinklers, and were attached to Native women’s dresses during ceremonial dances.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tinkle cones are tiny pieces of copper, rolled into cones called tinklers, and were attached to Native women’s dresses during ceremonial dances.
.....and now we know folks. Thanks Wawa. Btw that's interesting if I can just remember.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread