ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Was out working on my boat today getting ready to put it in the water for the summer and got a phone call. a plastic window went in the Clinton river off a 40 foot express cruiser. I was very hesitant to go for one reason. I have not yet been in the water and I was thinking I would turn into a bobcicle. They were desperate and since it was so warm out I told them I would get my gear together and come down. They were trying to find it with a fish net and I asked them to stop because I THOUGHT they would stir up the bottom.

I get to the river 40 minutes away and see this!

I have never seen this river this dirty. But with the wind and the rain we have been having this is what I get. So I am thinking great. Not only am I going to freeze but I won't be able to see a thing. I get my wetsuit on for the first time this year and need help. It always shrinks during the winter and I have no idea why. Anyway, after I get it on I decide to go down the ladder and see how bad I am going to freeze. I get in and after the initial shock of cold water entering my suit I feel it isn't that bad.

So I get out and put the rest of my gear on. I jump in right beside this white boat.

I come to the surface, straighten my gear and go down to around 11 foot and feel around. I find the window within a minute in pitch black water. I come up to some ecstatic boaters. Give them the window and swim to the ladder. I come out to take off my gear and get a 100.00 reward.

Well that swim put the wheels in motion faster. I have my new toy ready for swimming and I hope to have my boat done Monday or Tuesday so I can get it into the marina. I can now forget the flies and bugs at the campgrounds I have been playing in and enjoy the water!

My boat has a new radio, a ship to shore radio, new speakers and new gauges are on the way.

I am hoping for another fantastic summer.

Upvote 18

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look forward to seeing your finds this year!

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't seem to have to hope, you always kill it. Nice boat BTW. Best of luck!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diver.gif
Another good deed ScubaDetector! Can't wait to see what you pull out of the water this year - good hunting my friend.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
diver.gif
Another good deed ScubaDetector! Can't wait to see what you pull out of the water this year - good hunting my friend.

Hopefully what I have been searching for for years, a machine gun. But I will be happy with whatever I come home with. I hope the Detroit river will be warm enough also. I have so many places to go and not enough time to hit them all. Will try to have a wonderful summer. Thanks.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
searching or should I say feeling around in the dark or blackish water can be a little un-nerving for sure. I tried to find a fishing pole for a guy in a deep hole on the Ouachita river years ago. free diving and couldn't see my hand or anything else. managed to find a huge rock with my head and a pile of logs etc before I told him that his pole was history. I never have been crazy about feeling around in the dark or muddy water even though my family has noodled forever. Having a huge Blue catfish chomp down on your hand just doesn't do a thing for me, they can flat out hurt. Now a Flathead catfish, different story and a whole lot better eating. But, glad that your water season is started again. looks like you have everything that a guy would need to find the good stuff like you do. good luck for this year....wait, you've already turned a profit!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Man you crushed it last summer. Can't wait to start seeing your water posts regularly again.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Man you crushed it last summer. Can't wait to start seeing your water posts regularly again.

I did pretty good last summer. I have had better and I have had a bit worse. We will just have to see what my coil gets over basically.

Thank you.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Just got a text from the person that owns the white boat in the picture. He dropped part of his hoist in the water and needs me. Guess where I will be tomorrow morning at 8am? Temperature only going to 47Β° tomorrow. I am going to get COLD!!

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the successful find. Out of curiosity when is "Raft Off 2018"?

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Congrats on the successful find. Out of curiosity when is "Raft Off 2018"?

Saturday August 11th. Guiness book of world records will be there. They are attempting to have this one entered into the worlds records.

https://jobbiecrew.com/nautibuoy-at...d-record-for-the-most-boats-tied-up-together/

Can anybody guess where I will be on the 12th?

IF anyone is interested. I have room for probably TWO waders maybe THREE. PM me for a reservation. Bring your own food and I will ask 10.00 for gas each. It is 6 miles out in the lake from my marina which is Jewel Island in Harrison Township. I will be out there Saturday night and Sunday. I do have an extra scoop and a few water machines if a landlubber wants to try wading.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Got out this morning at 8am. Air was 43Β° and the water not much warmer. I spent maybe 3 minutes tops in the water finding the lift part and swimming out. WAY too cold for me to want to play long. Another satisfied customer and another C note for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread