first weatie

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
found my first weatie today ( went back to the pond that I detected the otherday) found a wheatie some fish hooks a few more sinkers a couple swivels pleant of cans and tabs a couplke quarters and a couple nickles. nothing really picture worthy though. The wheatie is in very nice condition and is 1957-d.
thought i'dpost and tell what I found, laters
Scav.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOOD HUNTING "SCAVENGER" , Thanks for posting. ; jeff

J

Jim Cal

Gettin out is what its all about. Where there is one penny there must be more. Good luck! Jim Cal

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I keep wrestling over what my first silver was, can't recall, they came in fast the first time I detected silver. But I remember my first wheatie, it was '57 also! Hope you do better than me going forward, and I'm happy with what I've found!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep,same here first weatie was a 57 at the base of a HUGE tree in the back yard just behind the fence.at about an inch,got pushed up by the tree,im betting!mines beat to crude very corroded
on one side seen some weather held up better then the zincs ive found that are a few years old,have some they have holes almost threw them.self destucting biodegrading money im sure,the eco freaks have a hand in this im sure! >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread