Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimZim said:
Fees for what? How much?

8.95..... Not sure what for yet. I'll have to go in tomorrow and find out. I am willing to bet it is because of my stupid "ebanking account" everytime I dump I need to get an overide by the manager as my account doesn't allow for in branch transactions. Either that or it's because of the excessive deposit and withdrawal on the account.
I need to switch to a regular account but then I either need to maintain a 1500 balance or link direct deposit my paychecks. I already have my check going to Wells Fargo and I can't maintain the 1500 balance on that account unless I close my Wells Fargo account and put everything into bofa....... Ugh it's a mess,

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wells Fargo has an account with no fee and no min. balance if you do 10+ debit card transactions per month, or if you are a college student you can get the student checking + savings account with only $600 min. balance. With BoA I only pick up and don't get charged the $8.95 fee even though I slide my debit card.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something to keep in mind...

All it takes is one angry manager to ruin your game. Thats what ultimately happened to me with WF. I ordered at an out of town bank and then the fees started. All my local branches said they would not charge a fee. Now, there has been a major policy change at WF in my area. Fees for everyone. I have one branch that will get me a box now and again but no more 2+/week. Several other banks order with no trouble though.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am reminded of this saying amongst warriors today is a good day to die. It applies to CRHing, in that you must prepare yourself for that inevitable day when you go in to collect your halves order and find the manager waiting for you to say its all over, no more halves. Today is a good day for my CRHing hobby to die. Just part of the reality of this endeavor.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I go through Northwestern bank a michigan based bank to my knowledge. They don't have a minimum amount for their checking account and don't charge me for transactions. I don't use them for a dump bank but as a pickup one. they haven't charged me for my boxes, but I am a small time CRHr. I don't know if they would charge for bigger amounts of boxes ordered. My freind who works for another bank tells me that they get charged for any boxes ordered through the FED. That the FED is basically england and they charged a fee whenever they ordered boxes of change. not quite sure what she meant but if they charged me for my boxes I would go elsewhere. Luckily her bank is far away from me that I don't go to it. I was planning on spending a day driving around to other banks into but my car is giving me problems. she use to give me 400 miles per tank and now since they put in a new fuel pump, I only get at best 225 Miles. I am taking her back to the auto place and have them look at the pump. I think its sucking in too much gas compared to my old pump. Hopefully they can tweek her down so the engines not sucking in so much gasoline. I want to go coin hunting!!! LOL

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8.95..... Not sure what for yet. I'll have to go in tomorrow and find out. I am willing to bet it is because of my stupid "ebanking account" everytime I dump I need to get an overide by the manager as my account doesn't allow for in branch transactions. Either that or it's because of the excessive deposit and withdrawal on the account.
I need to switch to a regular account but then I either need to maintain a 1500 balance or link direct deposit my paychecks. I already have my check going to Wells Fargo and I can't maintain the 1500 balance on that account unless I close my Wells Fargo account and put everything into bofa....... Ugh it's a mess,

Deposit into your savings account when inside the branch to avoid the fees. I do this all week and then withdrawl on the weekend. You only get 3 withdrawls per month otherwise they charge you $3.00. Then after 6 withdrawls per month you get a nasty gram from them.

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am reminded of this saying amongst warriors today is a good day to die. It applies to CRHing, in that you must prepare yourself for that inevitable day when you go in to collect your halves order and find the manager waiting for you to say its all over, no more halves. Today is a good day for my CRHing hobby to die. Just part of the reality of this endeavor.

Just happened to me, went in with a wad of cash, nope, "no halves for you"! Just like in Seinfeld, but with soup.

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Paris... with the "ebanking" account, ANY teller deposit or withdrawal will trigger the $8.95 fee. They want you using the ATM exclusively, which is tricky for boxes of coin... 2 branches I tried would not exchange a CoinSafe bag for cash, but "had" to deposit it to my account then do a withdrawal. Had to have a manager waive the fee. Crossed them branches off my list.
P.S. I like cobblestones...!

Last edited:

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's an idea: Have your payroll direct deposit split. Part of my job is Payroll and it is easy to set up multiple direct deposits with our payroll system. You can have a 50/50 or 90/10 or any other split. I don't think the bank stipulates what $$ amount the deposits have to be, as long as they have a direct deposit hitting the account. HH, Jonathan

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some banks say that the direct deposit has to be 25 dollars or more, not sure which

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paris... with the "ebanking" account, ANY teller deposit or withdrawal will trigger the $8.95 fee. They want you using the ATM exclusively, which is tricky for boxes of coin... 2 branches I tried would not exchange a CoinSafe bag for cash, but "had" to deposit it to my account then do a withdrawal. Had to have a manager waive the fee. Crossed them branches off my list.
Yes, this is what happened. A supervisor at one branch didn't waive the fee as they usually do for me. So today when I dumped at another branch they waived that charge for me :D
Here's an idea: Have your payroll direct deposit split. Part of my job is Payroll and it is easy to set up multiple direct deposits with our payroll system. You can have a 50/50 or 90/10 or any other split. I don't think the bank stipulates what $$ amount the deposits have to be, as long as they have a direct deposit hitting the account. HH, Jonathan

In the famous words of wile -e - coyote : SUPERGENIOUS!

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I never withdrawl or deposit into my ebankings with a teller always at the ATM, I'm always exchanging cash for coin and I don't run my card through the machine. I only deposit into my savings and then if I need to I make a withdrawl from savings. I've learned my way around the system and have not paid a fee in some time with them. I used to exchange my bags for deposit and sometimes those triggered the fees in the ebanking accounts even though the teller never did the transaction it was someone at the vault, so they told me to deposit into savings so they did not have to keep on giving me credit of $8.95 each month. Saved everyone some time.

Back in the day 5-6 years ago I was huge into cycling, spent all my money on new bikes and gear, now with kids, not so much. Even my dog is name Roubaix. I still ride but with a 2 year old on the back yelling me to go faster....Allez, allez!

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I wish I could do this, my employer is so small he is unwilling to get enrolled with Direct Deposit. It would save me some headache, with one bank I have to run my debit card 10 times a month. Most all of the transactions are less than $5 but it beats the system!

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a personal checking account at BofA that I switched to echecking because of the fees, and I hardly use the account. I recently ordered coins but flashed a debit card from a business account there just in case they were going to ding my echecking account for a fee. Turns out they didn't care about the account or swipe any card, they just wanted to be paid, which I did in cash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread