Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After some good rain yesterday i gave the wheat field a second chance. 5hrs in beautiful summer weather brought not only some finds but also a good sunburn on the forearms and neck. 8-)

Buttons
30011744jd.jpg

Watch winder, modern coins and a religious pendant
30011746vb.jpg

Roman nails
30011740uj.jpg

Lead was less than last week as i did the outskirts of the villa site
30011741wv.jpg

Roman stuff, molten bronze, glass, tiny annular brooch, tiny hair pin(?), acorn style furniture mout frag, 2nd C. disc brooch frag, two matching pieces of a nice fibula i found with a 15 meters gap between them and in different rows, coins.
30011742wb.jpg

Need help with ID of the fibula, i'm somewhat lost with this...Cru please??? :thumbsup:
30011743zc.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Upvote 8

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS :-:
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer fibula! Too bad I had to attend family matters today :(
Well done!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure the fibula is not a gun part, trigger guard??

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure the fibula is not a gun part, trigger guard??

Not sure. But never seen a trigger guard like this tho. Also missing a mounting hole on the flat part just broken off straight. Had a look because i was thinking drawer pull first.

When looking on the side pic it looks a bit weird. I didn't found a match, best will be i throw it in the trash bin and move on.... :laughing9:

Last edited:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Nice assortment Lu and I didn't see any scrap. That blue glass is about the color of some of our telephone insulators but isn't it about the same color as that glass found at your horde site? I had no idea the Romans had glass. Hope it's a prelude to another great find. Good luck.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure. But never seen a trigger guard like this tho. Also missing a mounting hole on the flat part just broken off straight. Had a look because i was thinking drawer pull first.

When looking on the side pic it looks a bit weird. I didn't found a match, best will be i throw it in the trash bin and move on.... :laughing9:
Drawer pull it is then.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment Lu and I didn't see any scrap. That blue glass is about the color of some of our telephone insulators but isn't it about the same color as that glass found at your horde site? I had no idea the Romans had glass. Hope it's a prelude to another great find. Good luck.

Hi Tim, it's the same type glass. Easily to id with the embedded air bubbles. It's freshly broken but on a plowed field no chance to track it down to the point where it came from.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're probably right. Met with the Archies today and drawer pull was their thought too. :thumbsup:
Your right on my other post, this is the deepest plough they have done, made all the field like new. Wait until I post Day 1 on Brooch Field later.:thumbsup:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice finds! I was going to guess drawer pull myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread