maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice! I have recieved them in a roll from a teller before, but not right out of the tray. Great score Wilmington! HH, Maverick.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Enjoy the feeling!

My first one came in the same box with my first Ben.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Since a 1936 half is worth melt, I would clean it. Normally I never clean coins, but if it was that black, I would do this probably:

Remove Tarnish from Silver

The silver does not go away, unlike polishing it.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I will probably try this Sag. Thanks for the advice

It produces aluminum sulfide, which is highly toxic, but the amount produced is not big enough to poison you. Now if you had a big pot with thousands of those walkers, maybe.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work! Walkers are always a treat to find!

OP
OP
Wilmingtonsilver

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It produces aluminum sulfide, which is highly toxic, but the amount produced is not big enough to poison you. Now if you had a big pot with thousands of those walkers, maybe.

As someone who does a little precious metal reclamation with chemicals, I learned early on that all "cleaning" must be done in a well ventilated area. Thanks for the heads up and reminder though. You can never be too safe. :)

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

LMAO, Thousands of Walkers, don't we all wish, lol. HH, Maverick.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
As someone who does a little precious metal reclamation with chemicals, I learned early on that all "cleaning" must be done in a well ventilated area. Thanks for the heads up and reminder though. You can never be too safe. :)

Good advice. I did mine outside with a Barber dime I found for free in a coin album at the coin shop. It looked cleaned, but definitely shiny (ended up trading it along with 4 rosies and some holders for a Canadian 80% dollar). My friend only collects US, so he wasn't interested in the Canadian.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread