FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20231101_101642.jpg

No pics of the actual fish, but I caught and released 4 out of 8 sailfish. 8 bites 4 caught !!

vonfatman

Jul 21, 2023
KCMO Area
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife loves to fish. Me, Not so much. OK, I don' like to fish. I love to watch others catch fish, grand kids, wife, etc.

This pic was taken at Maynard Lake, Ontario a few years ago.

fyi....having a fishing guide is the key to fun fishing IMHO

Guides tie hooks, tie lures, bring bring ALL the fishing gear, put the bait on, they take the fish off, they clean the fish.
Now that is my kind of fishing.
I will field dress twenty deer before I'd clean a fish....yuck..if the darn smelly old slime units were not so dang "fishy"😝

The guides all love to stop the walleye fishing to throw lures at muskie.
They try to talk you into this as they work on getting in their "thousand casts".
Tried it one cast.

I am on vacation. There is no way I am doing an upper body work out while relaxing....geesh, has anyone ever held - let alone cast out and reeled in muskie lures? I would hate to guess what it would be like WITH a muskie on a lure that
weighs twenty pounds😳
vfm

Those lures weigh more than most the fish we had been catching!

Great pics everyone!

vfm

Attachments

• IMG_5061.jpeg
    IMG_5061.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife loves to fish. Me, Not so much. OK, I don' like to fish. I love to watch others catch fish, grand kids, wife, etc.

This pic was taken at Maynard Lake, Ontario a few years ago.

fyi....having a fishing guide is the key to fun fishing IMHO

Guides tie hooks, tie lures, bring bring ALL the fishing gear, put the bait on, they take the fish off, they clean the fish.
Now that is my kind of fishing.
I will field dress twenty deer before I'd clean a fish....yuck..if the darn smelly old slime units were not so dang "fishy"😝

The guides all love to stop the walleye fishing to throw lures at muskie.
They try to talk you into this as they work on getting in their "thousand casts".
Tried it one cast.

I am on vacation. There is no way I am doing an upper body work out while relaxing....geesh, has anyone ever held - let alone cast out and reeled in muskie lures? I would hate to guess what it would be like WITH a muskie on a lure that
weighs twenty pounds😳
vfm

Those lures weigh more than most the fish we had been catching!

Great pics everyone!

vfm
I love that smile! Nice walleye!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
That dosent look like the same sheepshead I'm used to ? Can you eat them ?
The Mr has always called them, “trash fish,” and throws them back. But, I guess they can.

But don’t believe everything you find on the internet. I came across a couple YouTube videos that claim they are the hardest fighting fish on the lake. LIE!! They are dead weight and do a death role when reeling them in. Not to mention the wear and tear they put on the tackle.
Some folks comb the beaches looking for the “lucky stone.” One lady gave me some jewelry she made out of them.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Mr has always called them, “trash fish,” and throws them back. But, I guess they can.

But don’t believe everything you find on the internet. I came across a couple YouTube videos that claim they are the hardest fighting fish on the lake. LIE!! They are dead weight and do a death role when reeling them in. Not to mention the wear and tear they put on the tackle.
Some folks comb the beaches looking for the “lucky stone.” One lady gave me some jewelry she made out of them.

Now I understand 👍

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When the ministry of whatever puts a limit on how many fish one can safely consume-I question the very fact is a little bit of poison good at anytime.
Bloody shame in having so much fresh water in the world and yet it's fish are not fit to consume.

Same goes for the salmon in Lake Ontario-even back in the late 80's it wasn't recommended to consume more than X meals a year.
By the mid 2005 the annual fish fry derby was ordered not to be serving the salmon at the big event (the salmon caught during the derby) Right in the fishing regulations it stated "Pregnant woman and children-not to consume".

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
When the ministry of whatever puts a limit on how many fish one can safely consume-I question the very fact is a little bit of poison good at anytime.
Bloody shame in having so much fresh water in the world and yet it's fish are not fit to consume.

Same goes for the salmon in Lake Ontario-even back in the late 80's it wasn't recommended to consume more than X meals a year.
By the mid 2005 the annual fish fry derby was ordered not to be serving the salmon at the big event (the salmon caught during the derby) Right in the fishing regulations it stated "Pregnant woman and children-not to consume".
Unfortunately, pollution has contaminated a lot of water, and thus, the fish. The bottom feeders are the most contaminated. I kid you not, the catfish we have occasionally caught from Lake Erie smell like poop. Literally poop. And because of those experiences, I can’t bring myself to eat the catfish out of our pond. 🤮

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread