worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha. Ha! You should post a warning with that. Like "not responsible for keyboards damaged by liquid spills (or spews)!

Say now...is this the Mr?

bye-janicia-4 (1).gif

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Brouhaha! :sign10: I can’t breathe! Ok ok! I have less than an hour of work left. I’ve got to stop watching!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats a tasty looking fish great catch!

We're having a walleye fish fry next weekend. I will try to get pics . I'm anxious. All these pics make me hungry! Welcome to Tnet. I'm sure Blak Bart and the rest of us would love to see your fish pics!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're having a walleye fish fry next weekend. I will try to get pics . I'm anxious. All these pics make me hungry! Welcome to Tnet. I'm sure Blak Bart and the rest of us would love to see your fish pics!

I guess we should exspand this thread to include some good recipes and fish prepping tips. I'll post some pics of our fish dishes.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess we should exspand this thread to include some good recipes and fish prepping tips. I'll post some pics of our fish dishes.

Our recipe is simple. Fry magic and peanut oil. The key/trick is the oil temp has to be at 350°. Did I mention I met Mr Wrightdigger when I got hired as a hostess at long John silver's? He was the cook. Lol!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter is back up here so I can't detect or fish, so it's time to build fishing rods! Here's a pic of a 6'6" 2 weight flyrod I just finished for a buddy. He'll use it to fish trout in small creeks. A 10" trout on this stick will feel like a monster!

P1290279.JPG

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter is back up here so I can't detect or fish, so it's time to build fishing rods! Here's a pic of a 6'6" 2 weight flyrod I just finished for a buddy. He'll use it to fish trout in small creeks. A 10" trout on this stick will feel like a monster!

View attachment 1543486
Sweet work sd. Nice !! Havnt built my own yet, but would love to try some day.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You build rods? Cool!

Been doing it for a while... Here's some pics of two bamboo flyrods I refinished last year. They were made in the '50s and were pretty rough.

P8250155.JPG

P8250160.JPG

P8250175.JPG

P8250197.JPG

P8250200.JPG

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1540484
Broad bill sword fish !!

WOW!
That thing is huge , it would actually scare me to hold that Big Boy.

Would you release or mount such a beast?
I would release but it would not be the end of my world to see it mounted.
Great Picture.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1542202 big warsaw grouper !! 306 pounds. Marine biologist told me this fish was over 70 years old. We catch a big one every 10-15 years. The whole pirate crew in this pic. This pic is blown up on the wall at our local winn dixie store !!

How much $ would you get for a fish that size?

Also would people eat it ? or would they not cause it is/was so old & had a-lot of time to store chemicals?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Mmmmm.
Something I can Chew . lol

Your so funny, Davers! You can't chew a pic. lol! Just FYI, The only food contribution I made was chips and dip. They all know I can't cook! HA! HA!

Also, this thread is the first to see a future Tnetter. My hunting buddy is one of those ladies and she is signing up soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!
That thing is huge , it would actually scare me to hold that Big Boy.

Would you release or mount such a beast?
I would release but it would not be the end of my world to see it mounted.
Great Picture.
Those sword fish are at the top of the food chain. I mean the humans eating food chain. They pay us enormous money for these fish, and they are in demand around the world. Absolutely one of the best eating fish on the planet. It has to be cooked perfectly, or it will be ruined if over cooked.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much $ would you get for a fish that size?

Also would people eat it ? or would they not cause it is/was so old & had a-lot of time to store chemicals?

We got 2400$ for that fish !! I watched as 3 fish cutters fillet that fish. It made a lot of grouper fingers. 2 guys held each side of the fillet while one guy cut. We kept the head for the marine bioligist to study. They examine the ear bones and can read the growth rings like a log. The ear bones are called otiliths. Fish was fantastic and free of worms or pollution. They live in the deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread