Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice trip wrightdigger. Gld to see the boy has fishingitus !! Im taking monday off to recover too !! Sounds like you will be too !!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Here's a short video (hope it loads) where I got permission from a farmer to fish a small trout stream that went through his cow pasture. Had to be careful where I stepped.

Yeah, Cow Pie Fish give a new meaning to catch and release!:laughing7::laughing7:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-328.JPG
photo-325.JPG photo-324.JPG
photo-323.JPG
photo-322.JPG this sailfish jumped into the boat in mid battle. I managed to catch it with one hand in mid air. It crashed into the side of my shoulder and almost speared me in the face. If you look at my front hand you will see it death gripping the bill of the fish. That red cotton glove stuck like glue and never slipped an inch from the moment I caught him in mid flight. I was very lucky that the bill struck my shoulder and not my face! photo-327.JPG well it doesn't want to load right side up. The mark is where the bill hit me.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Dag Gum! You can tell by the pics that you were struggling with that one. At first I was thinking it must be pretty heavy. But reading the story tells me it was both heavy and fighting! I'm glad you didn't get hurt! I've heard stories about them jumping in the boat and stabbing people.

The seas look like they're rolling a bit.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im back out to sea tomorrow on a shark trip. Off conch key in the gulf. Promise to take more pics this time.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decisions to make:

Go to bahamas and fish and treasure hunt, or ride from the keys to lake Michigan metal detecting every where we stop, or shark fish here and hit my local stuff treasurehunting. ???? Decisions, decisions ??

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh boy here we go, leaving in a little bit !! Gonna try and set about 11 miles and 300 hooks.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-835.JPG every box full caught a limit and getting ready to go again. Here we are unloading and cleaning sand bar sharks and shipping them out photo-834.JPG

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If my boss sees that pic, he'll have me with one in each hand and 2 on my head.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome blakbart! I watched a couple YouTube videos. Pretty cool. Still has my vote for TV. I guess I'm wired weird. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turn and burn !! Back out for a couple days tomorrow !! Been fishing out of conch key. Looking at the scatter field of the 1733 spanish galleon "el sueco de arizon " is killing me everytime I leave the dock. There will definitely be coins un covered by the hurricane. Just need the time to check it out. Im passing over the good stuff with the fishing boat everytime we leave. Had to take care of logging business so I couldn't even treasure hunt on my day off. Screenshot_2018-04-08-16-36-39.png

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1575284 this sailfish jumped into the boat in mid battle. I managed to catch it with one hand in mid air. It crashed into the side of my shoulder and almost speared me in the face. If you look at my front hand you will see it death gripping the bill of the fish. That red cotton glove stuck like glue and never slipped an inch from the moment I caught him in mid flight. I was very lucky that the bill struck my shoulder and not my face! View attachment 1575290 well it doesn't want to load right side up. The mark is where the bill hit me.

Dang Bart, you are lucky. There have been quite a few fishermen and even Boat Captains killed by billfish. In the early 80's when I lived and worked in Key West, a Boat Captain was killed in the Conning Tower of his' boat somewhere off the Keys, I believe by a big Marlin.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes sir frank !!! Seen one go in a guys mouth and come out right under and behind his left ear !! Very ugly wound. Had another friend get stabbed through the bicep. I was lucky because it all happened pretty fast ! I cant believe that my hand never slipped a millimeter once I had the bill. Glad captain Dennis got down there and helped me out. He got tail slapped in the shins pretty bad. Guess thats better than the family jewels !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to sea today until tomorrow night. Taking a new female observer from the fed. Gov. On her first trip on a shark boat. Got to be intimidating for a girl to put out to sea for 2 days with 3 men you have never met before. We will test her sea legs for sure. If you are sick we are not turning around unless its life threatening. I hope she is tough. See ya guys soon.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting