Fisher 10" coil worth having?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on the area you would like to hunt, the ten inch coil will cover more area and get deeper too. When your searching farm fields or non trashy sites it lowers the odds of you coming home empty. It also helps if you had ground balance.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My fisher comes with a 11' inch coil that just kills it even in the trashy areas. But owning a 10" coil for my older Bounty Hunter was only used for parking lot scans, and large field areas. The ten inch coil I have does go deeper. Buying a coil is easier than a new detector. The 10" coil was a lil heavy for the shaft, but still hit the coins.

Hope this helps. 3coils.jpg

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 "Limited" CAMO - Fisher F5 (with Standard Coil) - Fisher F2 (10" coil) - & a Radio Shack "Treasure Finder" Metal Detector!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use it on my F2. I changed from the 8" coil that comes stock with it. To me it works a little better around my neck of the woods.

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 "Limited" CAMO - Fisher F5 (with Standard Coil) - Fisher F2 (10" coil) - & a Radio Shack "Treasure Finder" Metal Detector!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI: If you goto my profile. I started up a you tube channel and I tested the difference between the 4" sniper & the 10" concentric. I hope that helps ya out. Ehh.... maybe not. The 4" sniper really REALLY shines over the 10" I have found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread