Fisher 1212X...

oravikmatt

Nov 8, 2004
Dahn Tahn Pittsburgh, US of A
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-X
This is the detector I have. I haven't used it much at all yet and now that it's winter I won't be able to for a while. I was just wondering if anyone else on here uses this model and has good luck with it. The few times I got to use it, it beeped when it found metal. That's all I really care about at the moment because I'm still in the stage where I dig anything that makes it beep. But is it really a decent machine?

-Matt.

Upvote 0

dodge92

Greenie
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
Matt, when I was doing research before buying my White's, the reviews I read on the 1212X said it was a good, basic machine. No fancy bells and whistles but it is supposed to have decent depth.

Dandy

Tenderfoot
Dec 8, 2004
My first metal detector was a 1212x. it's a good solid machine. One main thing is to learn how to use the discrimination control and what it means. just learning how to set it up so you don't get beeps on Iron will make it a lot of fun. I had a ball learning to use it. Fisher detectors are really reliable.

Just get out there and use it.Hook up with someone that you can go out with or better yet find a local MD club.. Ask the guys/gals there to help you get started. get on "google" search for Metal detecting tips.

you will soon have a lot of good information that will help you out.

I know that is more information than you asked for but---

good luck!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread