Fisher 1236x2 vs. ace 250

I am looking at one of these detectors for coin shooting in good old Georgia soil. Which one would b

• Total voters

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Go to Metaldetectorreviews.net and see which one gets the best reviews, and has the happiest customers. Check to see where the writers live too.

Never mind, I'll save you the trouble. The 1236-x2 is a lot better at relics and coins and can be used on salt beaches and heavy mineralization. I'm told it even works well on these crappy beaches here in Oregon! The Ace 250 does not and will not. Budget Tesoros work very well there too, better than the high priced ones such as Tejons and Vaqueros.

The Ace 250 sucks in all the above, especially in bad soil. It works ok inland in some places though, as long as the soil isn't too full of magnetite, hematite, or iron junk or hot rocks. It's too noisey there. The Ace works pretty good as a door stop in a closet though, and if you want to try your luck at figuring out if a coin is a dime, penny, or a piece of iron, then the Ace is right for you. The Ace is a toy. The 1236-x2 is not, and it has a very good silencer mode too..

I think the Fisher F-2 is the best thing on the market now for the money though. It's a real honey, very lightweight, and costs only $199.95. It has lots of toys too, and comes with two coils.

Check my posts. You'll see my review.

OP
OP
Diggin in GA.

Diggin in GA.

Aug 19, 2007
Northeast GA
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, Ace 150, Fisher F4
Hey, thanks alot Easy. You really seem to know your stuff and have changed my mind on the 250. I am still new to this and want to get the best I can get for under 250.00. Thanks again.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Hey easy does this mean you found a fisher f-2 for sale cause I have yet to actually see one. I keep hearing people starting to talk about them but no one even the dealers seems to know when they'll be released for sale.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Yeah Dog, there is one right now (maybe sold too?) at:

Oregon Prospecting Supplies and Rita's Relics
1045 Main
Sweet Home, Oregon
Ph 541-367-2237

She carries Minelab, White's, Fisher. Not sure about the other brands, I have only seen used other ones there. She has a big sign advertizing them somewhere outside. I can't remember if it was on her shop or along the road somewhere. I thought that it might be the F-2 so I checked it out. I was just about shocked at how well it worked, especially the depth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread