Fisher 1270?

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its a good machine very deep the only thing i don't like about it is the pinpoint on it runs wide and you got to pick up on the coil and cut your sens back when trying to size your target, and just wish the disc was a little better but really other then that its a super machine

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tejon depth but not as light. A U.S. dealer claimed that the discrimination and depth improved after a certain time and that he knew what serial number this happened from. Would not tell me though, so could just be hot air.
Needs a modification to offset the ground balance on the discrimination side.

Does the trick but is not as good as the 1266X.
I find all those iron disc settings useless. The silencer is useless. I do not recommend this machine for coin hunting but it's good for relic hunting.
Just recently, I reworked an area that I only hunted with the 1270. There were areas that 1270 would give small ticks and pops and I could not lock onto signals, so I thought they were just tiny metal flakes or mineralization.
Went in there with my trusty 1266 with the disc. set at 2 (not even in all-metal) and it told me that all those ticks were a big pile of deep ferrous and non-ferrous targets and turned out to be a refuse pile from the late 18th century. It is sickening to think about what I would have left behind if I only worked that area with the 1270!
It is lighter than the '66 and seems to like really small targets and loves lead but it is only half the machine the 1266 is, even with all it's extra settings. Never will compare in depth.
After saying all of that, I would still say that the 1270 is better than most machines on the market today. It just will never compare to the legendary 1266X and should never claim to be "the improved version" of such.
Cheers,
Dave.

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not to mention I read here that they plan to stop making it soon. :(

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend you ask shooter about the 1270, he is the master and has more hours on one then anyone i know!

SkiWhiz

Aug 6, 2006
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre
Muddyhandz said:
Does the trick but is not as good as the 1266X.
I find all those iron disc settings useless. The silencer is useless. I do not recommend this machine for coin hunting but it's good for relic hunting.
Just recently, I reworked an area that I only hunted with the 1270. There were areas that 1270 would give small ticks and pops and I could not lock onto signals, so I thought they were just tiny metal flakes or mineralization.
Went in there with my trusty 1266 with the disc. set at 2 (not even in all-metal) and it told me that all those ticks were a big pile of deep ferrous and non-ferrous targets and turned out to be a refuse pile from the late 18th century. It is sickening to think about what I would have left behind if I only worked that area with the 1270!
It is lighter than the '66 and seems to like really small targets and loves lead but it is only half the machine the 1266 is, even with all it's extra settings. Never will compare in depth.
After saying all of that, I would still say that the 1270 is better than most machines on the market today. It just will never compare to the legendary 1266X and should never claim to be "the improved version" of such.
Cheers,
Dave.
Glad to hear the 1266 is a good detector, I have one on its way to me. I have heard that the 1270 is a good detector as well.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there both super detectors difference is khz 1266 4.8khz 1270 8.2khz the 1266 has the upper hand on silver and even the 1236x2 is no slouch, have got dimes up to 8" before

SkiWhiz

Aug 6, 2006
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre
I don't want to cut in on this thread but just wanted everyone to know that I sent Muddyhandz (Dave) a pm with a few questions,etc and he got back to me and was a wealth of information. Thanks Dave for taking the time and effort writing me such a nice reply, I really appreciate it. Great to know there are good people out there willing to help. Thanks Dave. Steve.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions