Fisher 1280x

trainermick

Jul 15, 2009
Chatham, Ontario
Anyone familar with the 1280 knows that the battery pack wires are connected to two posts inside the battery compartment. Here is my dilema, the posts have deteriorated to the point where they are just stubs and I am having difficulty soldering the wires to them. I am looking for a solution for building the terminal posts back up. The machine works perfect so I really don't want to send it away, just looking for some ideas without having to open the machine up.

Upvote 0
T

TreasurdiggrNY

trainermick said:
Here is my dilema, the posts have deteriorated to the point where they are just stubs and I am having difficulty soldering the wires to them. I am looking for a solution for building the terminal posts back up.

If I were you I would send it in for repair. Do you know what caused the posts to deteriorate? You may need new seals and gaskets. First Texas will look it over, make any needed repairs, calibrate it and leak test it. You will be good to go for a long time after that. Your machine may also be covered under the lifetime warranty like mine, they can tell by the serial number. Good Luck

OP
OP
trainermick

trainermick

Jul 15, 2009
Chatham, Ontario
I tried to email first texas but it bounced back. I just sent an email to Keith Wills to see what he would charge. The electronics are watertight and there is no leaks in the main box. Over the course of many years, I think that some salt water has leaked into the battery compartment though. I just keep soldering the battery wires back on. Do you have an email address for first texas customer service ?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
trainermick

trainermick

Jul 15, 2009
Chatham, Ontario
Thanks guys, I sent them an email. I live in Canada and was trying to avoid all the customs fees and such. Where are you in Michigan Sandman ? I am just across the boarder from Detroit.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Call First Texas it's quicker, 1-800-685-5050 tell them you need a repair and ask for Felix.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread