Fisher customer service?

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I bought a new F70 about a month ago, did an air test & was impressed..........took it out & failed. It seems that this machine will not lock on a target, no matter what it is, the readings bounce from pulltab, zinc, quarter, dime, nickle, back & forth, back & forth. I tried it for a few hours, several times & finally gave up. I loaned it to a buddy who air tested it in my basement & was also impressed. He said it was just me, not the machine. He brought it back a week later & said it was the machine. I got a 5 year warranty so Im gonna send it back & pray they dont do an air test & figure it works fine & send it back to me. Anybody else have this issue with the F70? How is Fishers customer service?

Also it seems it says every target is 3 inches deep, although some targets have been 6-8.........or 1 inch. Frustrating as hell. >:(

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
I have the stock coil & 11" DD coil, have tried em both. Ive turned the sens down, thresh up, tried many settings.........still wont work right. I really dont think its me, its gotta be the machine. Im gonna send it back & make sure its not. :(

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send it back :icon_thumright:

Should be no problem, First Texas is pretty good with CS down here.

I think your warranty says as long as the problem occurred on the second Tuesday of the third week

of the first year while using it with fresh batteries under a full moon during a leap year you are fully

covered. :laughing9:

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Jeep said:
Send it back :icon_thumright:

Should be no problem, First Texas is pretty good with CS down here.

I think your warranty says as long as the problem occurred on the second Tuesday of the third week

of the first year while using it with fresh batteries under a full moon during a leap year you are fully

covered. :laughing9:

DOH!!! It was a half moon! Damnit!!! >:(

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sympathize with you, i've had mine almost a year now... I don't seem to have very many probs with mine. matter of fact when any probs arise i go back to factory settings and go from there ...

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
The three-inch deep problem, got it but only with coin targets 3" deep or less. Seems the pinpoint and depth read better the deeper the target is on my unit. I'm fine with that.

A lot of junk targets give accurate depth readings when less than three inches. But I am likewise okay with that condition.

But the numeric lock-on with coin targets is excellent to 8" so far in my experience as is the ID using the 11" DD coil. Especially after I pinpoint the target and swing the coil very slowly directly over it.

It's correctly id'd coins on edge to 7" and slanted coins to 8" but that 8" depth seems like a switch that just kills the id capability on this machine. Strange. Only one target so far, the wheatie at 10" last weekend id'd correctly.

I'm almost happy with that, except now I need a deep-coin machine again.

Shambler

Aug 18, 2008
Under the Trees
an 8" dime or something bigger? The LTD that I just sold couldn't lock on a dime at 3" in BP so you're doing better than that thing. The faster you swing the more accurate the TID became but in trash that's not a viable solution. I think most VLF detectors get a little "iffy" on an 8" dime though, BUT less "iffy" than an 8" piece of junk.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont worry about fisher customer service, they have done great things for me!!!!!!!!!!! you call fisher and ask to talk to daniel(technician) and describe your problems to him. do not try e-mail, they dont handle that very well.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the detectors go acting funny it is better to call customer service and ask to speak to a tech. If they can help you over the phone they will. If all else fails it is better to send it back for service to have confidence in the machine again. :coffee2:

Good Luck.
Sandman

Streak!

Mar 4, 2009
a couple of things.......

one thing you didnt mention was if the machine was Gbing properly. If this is so, it will mess it up pretty badly sometimes. IF its not Gbing right, it may be a bit of a compromised coil connection. (I've seen this many many times) Make sure the coil wire is 100% tight and clean! I mean 100% tight!!
Also, I've had a number of different batteries make a machine unstable and not operate correctly. Dont assume they are ok, even if they are new, and even if the indicator say they are ok. Try a completely different set of batteries...take it out in the yard, do a factory reset, confirm its GBing properly, (again, making sure the coil connector is tight) and try it again. If it then still messes up its due for a little trip back to the repair facility! keep us posted.............. Streak!

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Ground grab seemed to work fine. I sent it back to Fisher on Friday. Dallas, the dealer I bought it from has already sent me a new machine & DD coil to use until I get mine back! Should get it Monday & cant wait to use it, should tell me a lot to use another F70 to compare to mine. Thanks Dallas! I'll let y'all know how it goes with the 2nd machine!

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Got my "loaner" machine from Dallas on Monday but it was raining til Wedensday.........went to a soccer field that Ive hit hard in the past on my lunch hour today, hunted about an hour. I dug a quarter right off the bat & it didnt slow down. This machine is amazing! Now I know my F70 was not right, that it was the machine & not me, I just hope they fix it right or its going right back to them. In an hour I dug 2 quarters, 8 dimes, 3 nickels, 8 zincs, 3 coppers including a Canadian penny, cool old button & a sterling CTR ring (Mormon). As I said, this machine is amazing! :icon_thumright:

went out after work for maybe 2 hours & did even better..........6 quarters, 10 dimes & 2 sterling rings! My girlfriend came along for her 1st hunt of the year & got a sterling CTR ring as well! 3 rings in one day with a brand new machine, today was a good day!!!

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool!!!!

oldbill

Mar 25, 2006
Mighty AP, May I ask what setting you were using when you found sll the coins and rings? Looks good to me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread