Fisher CZ-3D versus Ace 250

O

Okie-Colin

Well folks I like the CZ-3D, but it isn't all THAT much better than the Ace. It is much sturdier, has more tones and I think it gives me a better idea of what is in the ground. It also seems to have better depth. It doesn't have all those different coin sizes like the 250, but I never thought that was too useful. I mean if it is a coin I'm going to dig it, right? I dig fewer rusty nails, but I still dig some trash. In three outings I am learning to differentiate between a good target high tone signal versus trash, much easier than I was with the Ace. I think the 8.5 inch round coil is easier to pinpoint with than the eliptical coil on the Ace 250. Unlike the Ace, if it is trash, often it will not pinpoint, conversely if it does pinpoint and you sweep it over the spot again for target id it sometimes will not signal. When that happens the discrimination is kicking in and you move on. All that being said it is much more expensive machine than the Ace which I still feel is a very good detector for $200, especially if you can learn it. On the other hand I think any base detector should have ground balancing or it just won't be as good in all types of soil or sand, and of course there is that lifetime warranty. Today, detecting in an old section of Tulsa, I found an copper/brass, Old Age Assistance depression era tax token at 8 inches with the Fisher. My first old token.

Upvote 0
R

rvbvetter

Glad to hear you like the CZ, and thanks for posting your findings.
I hope you'll give us updates as you go through the learning process with it. If you like it and it's good and bad. Congrats on the token and new detector. HH

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say the CZ 3d is great for deep coins. The 250 is for the money is great for beginners or a back up. I am hoping to find one at a good deal for friends that want to tag along but don't have a detector. I have a couple of friends that just like to follow to see what comes out of the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread