Fisher CZ 5 vs. Garrett GTA 350

RustyRelicHunter

Oct 5, 2004
SC
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I have used both Fishers and Garretts and I like the higher end Garretts alot but the CZ5 is is in a different league than the GTA350. I would go with the CZ5.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely the CZ-5!!! :thumbsup:

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say the CZ5 is as deep or deeper then most of the machines on the market today. 300. on a CZ5 is a good deal if it is in good working order.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a GTA 1000 for about 8 years. Still have the CZ6 and a CZ5. For depth the CZ's will get 3 to 4 inches more depth on coins, the GTA will proform better on rusty iron nails.

I used my GTA on tot lots, soccer fields. You can cherry pick the clad quarters and any possible gold jewelry with it's digital display. The CZ is super light when you hip mount it. You can hip mount the battery pack on the GTA, which will make it light too.

The CZ's are much better on serious deep coin hunting like in the old parks, old houses, etc.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Totally agree with Cool Hand Fluke....I also had the Garrett GTA 1000 and the Fisher beats it hands down when it comes to id and depth.. Get the CZ5....Found my first Reale the other day with it...Hot on silver...You won't go wrong...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread