Fisher F2-- are you guys happy with yours? Thinking about getting one maybe

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just wondering if you guys are happy with your fisher F2. I have owned in the past, a whites spectrum eagle, tesoro silver sabre 2, whites coinmaster 2, whites classic 3 plus, ace 250 and fisher 1225x. I currently own a Fisher 1265x, Tesoro conquistador and have just ordered a minelab X-terra 50 which is on the way. I was going to sell my conquistador to a friend who wants to get into detecting. I know the F2 is an entry level detector, but it looks like a fun machine. Are you guys happy with yours and was the money well spent?

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My son likes his, but it only gets about 4-5". If you have an Xterra 50 on the way I wouldn't bother, unless its for a loaner or for a young member of the family.

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
For someone new to detecting I'm sure they would think it was great. But from my experience all targets greater than a few inches are identified as iron. You want a fun little cheap detector with top notch performance, get a Compadre.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
The F2 is an OK detector for what you get for the price. I see on eBay $199 with 8" & 4" coils, or $215 shipped also including the Fisher F-point pinpointer. The notches seem hard to adjust. I got them the way I wanted them 3 times by accident, but even looking at the manual couldn't do it. It seemed OK for 4"-5". HH, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread