Fisher f2 need re-tuned?

fishguy

Jun 20, 2013
Little River, SC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still trying to learn my new machine Fisher F2, and didn't seem to be getting anywhere. So I set up a garden test to get a better sound and vdi selection to look at. These are all at 3" deep, iron nail:26-30?,clad quarter:82-85 acceptable, clad dime:71-77 I can live with it, zincoln:37-59?, copper penny:79-85 ok..., gold 10k wedding band:05-37 very jumpy, silver .925 mens ring: 65-68? Now its not like i pass a few different times and get the same readings with each swing they fall into the ranges I have shown here. Only time I seem to get a solid repeatable signal is surface stuff and a aluminum beer can 10" in the ground reading at 00+. I hardly ever touch the sensitivity after power on so its usually at 75%(unless detector freaks out from emi) and I always search in all-metal and listen for tones. I am thinking maybe it is my swing speed. I have read 2-4 seconds per swing but is that left to right, or left to right and back to left in 2-4 seconds? Now according to manual and everything I have read gold tones are on the lower side and silver tones should be on the higher side. And my size 11 sterling ring is toning near the middle? I dont mind digging junk but I would figure the more I use this machine the less I would have to dig unlike my fast tracker that thudded for iron and dinged on anything else so you dug everything. I Does it seem to any other F2 users out there my numbers are right or should I be contacting fisher to check its factory tuning? I don't seem to ever get any false signals always some type of metal under the coil when I dig. For non F2 users I will put the vdi reference numbers down from the manual.

iron:0-15
pull tab-tail(broken off):25-28
Nickel:28-32
pull tab(old type):36-42
zinc,penny:58-62
dime&wheat cent:68-72
quarter:78-83
half dollar:86-90
silver dollar:91-95

I know these numbers are just to give you an idea but on some things I am not even close. So why waste battery life an manufacturing costs to put a vdi on. Only reason for rant is today I dug exactly 64 holes and found 2 wheats and a silver quarter that came up as a nickel/pulltab signal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread